Refreshing, protein-packed Vegan Mediterranean-inspired Bean Salad with a bright lemony dressing and fresh herbs. Awesome for picnics and take-along lunches! (Vegan, gluten-free, oil-free option.)
This Mediterranean-style bean salad is bursting with bright, fresh flavors and is a lovely dish especially in the summer! There’s a lemony dressing and fresh herbs to elevate & energize. Plus cucumber and tomato to help hydrate & refresh. Then a hearty three bean medley for some nice plant power.
It’s a pleasantly filling meal and great choice for make-ahead picnics, potlucks, and take-along lunches. (Especially since it tastes even better after it chills.)
We recently packed the leftovers in a cooler for our mountain picnic and it was fantastic. One big bowl of plant-based goodness to fuel us for our wilderness adventures (while I once again confirmed one of my favorite smells in the world is fresh mountain pine).
Hope you enjoy the salad if you give it a try!
Mediterranean Three Bean Salad
- 15 oz. can red kidney beans
- 15 oz. can garbanzo beans
- 15 oz. can black beans
- 3 roma tomatoes (or grape/cherry)
- 1/2 small red onion (or green onions)
- 1 cucumber
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley (or less to taste)
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro (or less to taste)
For the Lemony Dressing:
- Juice from 1 lemon (about 3 Tbsp. or more to taste)
- 1-2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 Tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil (omit for oil-free)
- Salt to taste
- Rinse and drain beans. Add to a large mixing bowl.
- Dice tomato and cucumber. Finely dice red onion. Roughly chop herbs, large stems removed. Add to bowl.
- In a small bowl, add dressing ingredients and stir to combine.
- Pour dressing over salad and toss well.
- Add more lemon juice, vinegar, or salt to taste if desired.
- Can serve immediately, but best after it chills in the fridge. (Simply re-stir before serving as some dressing will settle!)
Nutrition Per Serving (Estimate)
If you’re enjoying this Vegan Mediterranean Salad, also feel free to check out:
Come join The Garden Grazer on Instagram and then share a photo if you make or adapt this! (Also please leave a review & star rating below if you give it a try. Your feedback is greatly appreciated – thank you!)