Refreshing, protein-packed Vegan Mediterranean Bean Salad with a bright lemony dressing and fresh herbs. Awesome for picnics and take-along lunches! (Vegan, gluten-free, oil-free option)
This Mediterranean bean salad is bursting with bright, fresh flavors and is a lovely dish especially in the summer! There’s a lemony dressing and fresh herbs to elevate & energize. Plus cucumber and tomato to help hydrate & refresh. Then a hearty three bean medley for some good ‘ol plant power. It’s a pleasantly filling meal and great choice for make-ahead picnics, potlucks, and take-along lunches. (Especially since it tastes even better after it chills.)
Ingredients for Mediterranean Bean Salad:
We recently packed the leftovers in a cooler for our mountain picnic and it was fantastic. One big bowl of plant-based goodness to fuel us for our wilderness adventures (while I once again confirmed one of my favorite smells in the world is fresh mountain pine). Hope you enjoy the salad if you give it a try!
PS – come join The Garden Grazer on Instagram and share a photo if you make or adapt this! (Also please leave a review & star rating below if you give it a try. Your feedback is greatly appreciated – thank you!)
Mediterranean Three Bean Salad
- 15 oz. can red kidney beans
- 15 oz. can garbanzo beans
- 15 oz. can black beans
- 3 roma tomatoes (or grape/cherry)
- 1/2 small red onion (or green onions)
- 1 cucumber
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley (or less to taste)
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro (or less to taste)
For the Lemony Dressing:
- Juice from 1 lemon (more to taste)
- 1-2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 Tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil (omit for oil-free)
- Salt to taste
- Rinse and drain beans. Add to a large mixing bowl.
- Dice tomato and cucumber. Finely dice red onion. Roughly chop herbs, large stems removed. Add to bowl.
- In a small bowl, add dressing ingredients and stir to combine.
- Pour dressing over salad and toss well.
- Add more lemon juice, vinegar, or salt to taste if desired.
- Can serve immediately, but best after it chills in the fridge. (Simply re-stir before serving as some dressing will settle!)
Nutrition Per Serving (estimate)
Enjoying this Vegan Mediterranean Salad? Feel free to also check out the full “Vegan Salad” recipe archives on the site for more tasty, fresh plant based inspiration! (Or this similar Chickpea Salad with Lemon-Basil Dressing.)