We recently packed the leftovers in a cooler for our mountain picnic and it was fantastic. One big bowl of plant-based goodness to fuel us for our wilderness adventures (while I once again confirmed my favorite smell in the world is without a doubt fresh mountain pine). Hope you give it a try too!
PS – come join The Garden Grazer on Instagram 🍓 and share a pic if you make this! I love seeing what you guys are cooking up.
Mediterranean Bean Salad
- 15 oz. can red kidney beans
- 15 oz. can garbanzo beans
- 15 oz. can black beans
- 3 roma tomatoes
- 1/2 small red onion (or green onions)
- 1 cucumber (I use English/hothouse)
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro
For the Lemony Dressing
- Juice from 1 lemon (more to taste)
- 1-2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 Tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil (omit for oil free)
- Salt to taste
- Rinse and drain beans. Add to a large bowl.
- Dice tomato and cucumber, finely dice red onion. Roughly chop herbs, stems removed. Add to bowl.
- In a small bowl, add dressing ingredients and stir to combine.
- Pour dressing over salad and toss well.
- Add more lemon juice, vinegar, or salt to taste if desired.
- Can serve immediately, but best served after it chills in the fridge.
Nutrition Per Serving (estimate)