Refreshing, protein-packed Vegan Mediterranean Bean Salad with a bright lemony dressing and fresh herbs. Awesome for picnics and take-along lunches! (Vegan, gluten-free, oil-free option)
We’re huge fans of this Mediterranean bean salad! It’s bursting with bright, fresh flavors and has a little bit of everything. A lemony dressing and fresh herbs to elevate and energize. Cucumber and tomato to refresh. Plus a protein punch for some good ‘ol plant power! It’s a pleasantly filling meal, and great choice for make ahead picnics, potlucks, and take-along lunches. (Especially since it tastes even better after it chills.)
Ingredients for Mediterranean Bean Salad:
We recently packed the leftovers in a cooler for our mountain picnic and it was fantastic. One big bowl of plant-based goodness to fuel us for our wilderness adventures (while I once again confirmed my favorite smell in the world is without a doubt fresh mountain pine). Hope you give it a try too!
Come join The Garden Grazer on Instagram and share a pic if you make or adapt this! I love seeing your beautiful recreations. (Or leave a star rating below if you give it a try – your feedback is very appreciated!)
Mediterranean Three Bean Salad
- 15 oz. can red kidney beans
- 15 oz. can garbanzo beans
- 15 oz. can black beans
- 3 roma tomatoes
- 1/2 small red onion (or green onions)
- 1 cucumber (I use English/hothouse)
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro
For the Lemony Dressing
- Juice from 1 lemon (more to taste)
- 1-2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 Tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil (omit for oil free)
- Salt to taste
- Rinse and drain beans. Add to a large bowl.
- Dice tomato and cucumber, finely dice red onion. Roughly chop herbs, stems removed. Add to bowl.
- In a small bowl, add dressing ingredients and stir to combine.
- Pour dressing over salad and toss well.
- Add more lemon juice, vinegar, or salt to taste if desired.
- Can serve immediately, but best served after it chills in the fridge.
Nutrition Per Serving (estimate)
Enjoying this Vegan Mediterranean Salad? Feel free to also check out the full “Vegan Salad” recipe archives on the site for more tasty, fresh plant based inspiration!