Quinoa Potato Soup with a nutrient-packed “super greens” combo of broccoli, kale, & spinach. Comforting and nourishing, plus simple to make! (Vegan, gluten-free, oil-free)
This tasty Quinoa Potato Soup is so warmly satisfying on chilly days. Plus it’s packed with tons of plant-based nutrients to make it wonderfully nourishing.
Hearty quinoa and potato combine with a “super greens” combination of fresh kale, spinach, and broccoli. Both very delicious and very healthy!
Change it up with your own favorite vegetable additions (like celery, zucchini, mushrooms, peas, etc.) or add other herbs and seasonings as you wish. Fire-roasted tomatoes would also be lovely for some added warmth and flavor.
Our whole family enjoys this comforting meal and hope you do too! Stay warm and cozy, and be well.
Quinoa Potato Soup with Super Greens
- 1 onion
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 carrot
- 1 large gold potato (about 1.5 cups diced)
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 15 oz. can diced tomatoes
- 6 cups vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup white quinoa* (uncooked)
- 1/2 bunch kale (about 2 cups chopped)
- 2 cups fresh spinach (about 2 oz.)
- 1 tsp. dried basil (or other seasoning/herb)
- Dice onion.
- In a large stockpot over med-high heat, sauté onion for 7-8 minutes. (I use 3 Tbsp. veggie broth/water for no-oil sauté method, adding more liquid as needed.)
- Meanwhile, mince garlic. Dice carrot & potato. Cut broccoli into small florets.
- When onion is translucent, add garlic, carrot, and dried basil. Sauté 1-2 minutes.
- Add vegetable broth, diced tomatoes, potato, and broccoli. Increase heat, and bring to a light boil.
- Once boiling, add quinoa (rinsed well and drained). Reduce heat to a light simmer and cover. Cook for about 20-25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, roughly chop spinach. Chop/tear kale into bite-sized pieces, large stems removed.
- In the last 5 minutes of cooking, stir in kale and spinach. Salt to taste.
Nutrition Per Serving (Estimate)
If you’re enjoying this quinoa potato soup, also feel free to check out:
- Vegetable Barley Soup
- Chickpea Noodle Soup
- Roasted Butternut Squash Soup
- Red Lentil & Sweet Potato Stew
Come join The Garden Grazer on Instagram and then share a photo if you make or adapt this recipe! I love seeing your beautiful creations. (Also please leave a review or star rating below if you give it a try. Your feedback is always appreciated – thank you!)