We love this easy, nutrient-packed, vegan Lentil Spinach Burrito! Great for busy weeknights.
This easy, 8-ingredient lentil burrito is a perfect meal for busy weeknights! They’re packed with lots of healthy plant-based fuel to help keep your body satisfied and energized.
The ingredients and flavors are similar to my favorite Lentil Spinach Soup recipe, but this time in delicious burrito form!
We make this dish often because it’s so simple, flavorful, and pleasantly filling. Plus lentils are an incredible source of protein, fiber, and nutrients, and are wonderfully inexpensive.
I also love pulling the leftovers out of the fridge for quick snacks or as a protein-packed chip dip. Hope you enjoy as well!
If you’re looking for more lentil inspiration, check out this roundup of 50 Amazing Vegan Lentil Recipes.
Lentil Spinach Burritos
- 1 cup green/brown lentils (uncooked)
- 15 oz. can diced tomatoes
- 3 oz. baby spinach (or more)
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 onion
- 2 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 4 large whole-grain tortillas
- Salt to taste
- Optional: 1/2 tsp. smoked paprika
- Cook lentils: pour about 4-5 cups water and lentils in a saucepan. Bring to boil, cover, reduce heat to low. Simmer for 20 minutes or until tender. Drain well in a colander.*
- While lentils are cooking, dice onion and mince garlic.
- In a large skillet over med-high, saute onion for 7-8 minutes.
- Add garlic, cumin, and oregano. Saute for 1 minute.
- Reduce heat to med-low. Add cooked lentils and tomatoes with juice. Heat for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in spinach and let cook 1-2 minutes to slightly wilt. Salt to taste.
- Spoon the mixture onto tortillas, and top with more fresh spinach if desired. Roll up tightly, tucking in one or both ends.
Nutrition Per Serving (Estimate)
If you’re enjoying these Lentil Spinach Burritos, also feel free to check out:
Come join The Garden Grazer on Instagram and then share a photo if you make or adapt this recipe! I love seeing your creations. (Also please leave a review & star rating below if you give it a try. Your feedback is greatly appreciated – thank you!)