Healthy kale salad with sweet sun-dried tomatoes, crunchy roasted chickpeas, and an easy homemade lemony-garlic dressing! (Vegan, gluten-free, oil-free)
This healthy kale salad with sun-dried tomatoes, seasoned roasted chickpeas, and lemony-garlic dressing is so simple, yet packed with tons of savory flavor. I love that it’s great anytime of year, but especially during the holidays because it has such a fun, festive feel. (It’s almost like a Christmas tree in food form – green kale, dark red tomatoes, chickpea ornaments, and a sprinkling of sunflower confetti!)
Kale Salad with Sun-Dried Tomatoes & Roasted Chickpeas
Healthy kale salad with sweet sun-dried tomatoes, crunchy roasted chickpeas, and an easy homemade lemony-garlic dressing!
- 1 bunch kale
- 1/3 cup sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 clove garlic
- 3 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. tamari (or soy sauce)
- Optional toppings: sunflower seeds, avocado
For the roasted chickpeas
- 15 oz. can garbanzo beans
- 1/2 tsp. cumin
- 1/4 tsp. smoked paprika
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp. onion powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt (more/less as desired)
- Roast the chickpeas: preheat oven to 400. Rinse and drain chickpeas. Pat dry on a towel. On a rimmed baking sheet add chickpeas, spices, and salt. Toss to coat. Roast for about 30 minutes, stirring halfway through.
- While chickpeas are roasting, cut/tear kale into bite-sized pieces, stems removed. Add to a large bowl, and massage for a minute to tenderize.
- Make the dressing: finely mince garlic. Place in a small bowl with lemon juice and tamari. Pour over top of kale and toss well to thoroughly coat.
- Dice sun-dried tomatoes and add to bowl.
- Top with roasted chickpeas (and sunflower seeds, avocado, etc. if desired.)
Serves about 3 (or more as a side). Made gluten-free with GF tamari.
Nutrition Per Serving (estimate)
Calories: 182kcal | Carbohydrates: 30g | Protein: 10g | Fat: 3g | Potassium: 767mg | Fiber: 8g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 2230IU | Vitamin C: 35.7mg | Calcium: 103mg | Iron: 4mg