Healthy kale chickpea salad with sweet sun-dried tomatoes, crunchy roasted chickpeas, and an easy homemade lemony-garlic dressing!
This healthy kale salad with sun-dried tomatoes, seasoned roasted chickpeas, and lemony-garlic dressing is so simple, yet packed with tons of savory flavor.
It’s great anytime of year, but especially during the holidays because it has such a fun, festive feel. It’s almost like a Christmas tree in food form – green kale, dark red tomatoes, chickpea ornaments, and a sprinkle of sunflower seed confetti.
Not to mention it makes a healthy, fresh alternative to the heavier comfort dishes that often surround the holiday season. If you’re looking other healthy holiday sides, here are a few more of our favorites:
- Mushroom Gravy
- Almond-Garlic Green Beans
- Vegan Cheesy Scalloped Potatoes
- Maple-Balsamic Roasted Brussels Sprouts
- Maple-Vanilla Candied Nuts
- Butternut Squash & Kale Salad
- Maple-Cinnamon Butternut Squash
Kale Salad with Sun-Dried Tomatoes & Roasted Chickpeas
- 1 bunch kale
- 1/3 cup sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 clove garlic
- 3 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. tamari (or soy sauce)
- Optional toppings: sunflower seeds, avocado
For the roasted chickpeas:
- 15 oz. can garbanzo beans
- 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp. smoked paprika
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp. onion powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt (more/less as desired)
- Roast the chickpeas: preheat oven to 400°F (204°C). Rinse and drain chickpeas. Pat dry on a towel. On a rimmed baking sheet add chickpeas, spices, and salt. Toss to coat. Roast for about 30 minutes, stirring halfway through.
- While chickpeas are roasting, cut/tear kale into bite-sized pieces, stems removed. Add to a large bowl, and massage for a minute to tenderize.
- Make the dressing: finely mince garlic. Place in a small bowl with lemon juice and tamari. Pour over top of kale and toss well to thoroughly coat.
- Dice sun-dried tomatoes and add to bowl.
- Top with roasted chickpeas (and sunflower seeds, avocado, etc. if desired.)
Nutrition Per Serving (Estimate)
If you’re enjoying this Kale Chickpea Salad, also feel free to browse the full “Vegan Salad” recipe archives on the site for more tasty plant based inspiration!
Come join The Garden Grazer on Instagram and then share a photo if you make this! (Also please leave a review & star rating below if you give it a try. Your feedback is greatly appreciated – thank you!)