For some background, the author Dr. Fuhrman is a family physician and nutrition researcher, specializing in preventing and reversing disease through natural and nutritional methods. He created the acronym “GBOMBS” (haha, yes!) to help us remember the immune-boosting foods he believes are the best anti-cancer and health-promoting foods on earth. It’s like a powerful special forces unit helping protect our bodies from everything from the common cold to cancer. Through his years of research, he’s found these foods to be extremely effective at both preventing chronic disease, and promoting health and longevity. So what are GBOMBS?
What are GBOMBS?
Greens, Beans, Onions, Mushrooms, Berries, Seeds
Super Immunity Power Salad
For the chia seed balsamic vinaigrette
- 1/3 cup water
- 3 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 1 clove finely minced garlic (or shallot)
- 1 Tbsp. chia seeds (I use this brand)
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- Make the dressing: in a bowl, whisk together all ingredients. The dressing will thicken a bit after sitting. (Tip: for an even smoother/thicker dressing you can pulse in a blender.)
- Tear the kale into bite-size pieces. Place in a large bowl and lightly massage. Pour desired amount of dressing over top, and lightly toss to coat. (If you have any unused dressing, store in a covered container. It stores in the fridge for about 4-5 days.)
- Rinse and drain beans. Add to kale.
- Thinly slice onion, and strawberries. Add to salad with blueberries.
- Sprinkle sunflower seeds and hemp hearts on top.
- Keeps in the fridge for about 2-3 days.
Nutrition Per Serving (estimate)
12+ Fresh, Healthy Salads!