Healthy kale superfood salad with immune boosting ingredients! Packed with plant-based nourishment to help keep you satisfied yet energized. (Vegan, gluten-free, oil-free)
My latest go-to salad! I’ve been making this weekly for a couple months now, so I’m excited to get it posted.
We keep going back to this combination because it’s so nutrient-dense, full of immune-boosting ingredients, and pleasantly filling. Plus it always leaves me feeling light yet energized.
Try using a base of kale and spinach for this salad as well. My quick and easy go-to balsamic dressing is included. But change it up with your own favorite if you wish!
PS – I highly recommend the book “Super Immunity” by Dr. Joel Fuhrman if you’re looking for immune-boosting tips. I’ve been implementing a lot of his nutritional advice over the past year and notice my body responding very well. Would love to hear if you’ve read it also!
Kale Superfood Power Salad
- 1 large bunch kale (or a spinach/kale combo!)
- 1 carrot
- 15 oz. can garbanzo beans
- 1 cup cooked beets (I use Love Beets organic cooked beets)
- 1/4 cup red onion
- 1 cup cooked quinoa (about 1/2 cup uncooked)
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds
- Other additions: avocado, pumpkin seeds, hemp hearts
For the balsamic dressing:
- 3 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. dijon mustard
- 1 clove garlic (minced)
- Salt to taste
- Begin cooking quinoa if you haven’t already done so. (I use 3/4 cups vegetable broth for 1/2 cup quinoa.)*
- Make dressing: add all ingredients to a small bowl and whisk to combine. Set aside.
- Tear kale into bite-sized pieces. Place in a large bowl and gently massage.
- Thinly slice red onion, dice beets, and grate carrot. (I just use my peeler to quickly make shreds.) Place in bowl with kale.
- Rinse and drain beans. Add beans and cooked quinoa to bowl.
- Pour dressing over top and toss gently to thoroughly combine.
- Top with sunflower seeds (and/or hemp hearts, pumpkin seeds, avocado, etc.)
Nutrition Per Serving (Estimate)
Enjoying this Superfood Salad? Also check out:
Come join The Garden Grazer on Instagram and then share a photo if you make or adapt this! (Also please leave a review & star rating below if you give it a try. Your feedback is greatly appreciated – thank you!)