PS – I highly recommend the book “Super Immunity” by Dr. Joel Fuhrman if you’re looking for immune-boosting tips. Phenomenal read! I’ve been implementing a lot of his nutritional advice over the past year and notice my body responding very well 💚
Kale Superfood Power Salad
- 1 large bunch kale (or a spinach/kale combo!)
- 1 carrot
- 15 oz. can garbanzo beans
- 1 cup cooked beets (I use Love Beets organic cooked beets)
- 1/4 cup red onion
- 1 cup cooked quinoa (about 1/2 cup uncooked)
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds (I use this brand)
- Other additions: avocado. pumpkin seeds, hemp hearts
For the dressing
- 3 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. dijon mustard
- 1 clove garlic (minced)
- Salt to taste
- Begin cooking quinoa if you haven’t already done so. (I use 3/4 cups vegetable broth for 1/2 cup quinoa.)*
- Make dressing: add all ingredients to a small bowl and whisk to combine. Set aside.
- Tear kale into bite-sized pieces. Place in a large bowl and gently massage.
- Thinly slice red onion, dice beets, and grate carrot. (I just use my peeler to quickly make shreds.) Place in bowl with kale.
- Rinse and drain beans. Add beans and cooked quinoa to bowl.
- Pour dressing over top and toss gently to thoroughly combine.
- Top with sunflower seeds (and/or hemp hearts, pumpkin seeds, avocado, etc.)
Nutrition Per Serving (estimate)
Disclosure: The Garden Grazer is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn fees by linking to amazon.com and affiliated sites. I only share things I absolutely LOVE and personally use! (There is no additional cost to you in clicking the affiliate link.)