Healthy kale superfood salad with immune boosting ingredients! Packed with plant-based nourishment to help keep you satisfied yet energized. (Vegan, gluten-free, oil-free)
My latest go-to salad! I’ve been making this weekly for a couple months now, so I’m excited to get it posted. We keep going back to this combo because it’s so nutrient-dense, full of immune-boosting ingredients, and pleasantly filling. Plus it always leaves me feeling light yet energized.
Try using a base of kale and spinach for this salad as well. My quick and easy go-to balsamic dressing is included. But change it up with your own favorite if you wish!
PS – I highly recommend the book “Super Immunity” by Dr. Joel Fuhrman if you’re looking for immune-boosting tips. I’ve been implementing a lot of his nutritional advice over the past year and notice my body responding very well. Would love to hear if you’ve read it also!
Kale Superfood Power Salad
- 1 large bunch kale (or a spinach/kale combo!)
- 1 carrot
- 15 oz. can garbanzo beans
- 1 cup cooked beets (I use Love Beets organic cooked beets)
- 1/4 cup red onion
- 1 cup cooked quinoa (about 1/2 cup uncooked)
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds (I use this brand)
- Other additions: avocado. pumpkin seeds, hemp hearts
For the dressing
- 3 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. dijon mustard
- 1 clove garlic (minced)
- Salt to taste
- Begin cooking quinoa if you haven’t already done so. (I use 3/4 cups vegetable broth for 1/2 cup quinoa.)*
- Make dressing: add all ingredients to a small bowl and whisk to combine. Set aside.
- Tear kale into bite-sized pieces. Place in a large bowl and gently massage.
- Thinly slice red onion, dice beets, and grate carrot. (I just use my peeler to quickly make shreds.) Place in bowl with kale.
- Rinse and drain beans. Add beans and cooked quinoa to bowl.
- Pour dressing over top and toss gently to thoroughly combine.
- Top with sunflower seeds (and/or hemp hearts, pumpkin seeds, avocado, etc.)
Nutrition Per Serving (estimate)
Enjoying this Superfood Salad? Feel free to also browse the full “Vegan Salad” recipe archives on the site for more plant-based inspiration!
Disclosure: The Garden Grazer is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn fees by linking to amazon.com and affiliated sites. I only share things I absolutely LOVE and also personally use! (There is no additional cost to you in clicking the affiliate link.)