You could easily go the “chopped salad” route and dice everything up a bit more – I’ve done this as well and really enjoy the leftovers after it’s had a chance to “marinate” in the dressing for a while. So many delicious, flavorful components… plus a garbanzo bean boost! Hope you enjoy as much as we do.
Come join The Garden Grazer on Instagram 🍓 and share a pic if you make this! I love seeing what you guys cook up.
Loaded Greek Salad with Tangy Vinaigrette
- 1 large head romaine (or 2 small)
- 1 hothouse cucumber
- 1 1/2 cups grape tomatoes
- 1/2 small red onion
- 15 oz. can garbanzo beans
- 1 cup cooked beets (I use organic Love Beets brand)
- 1 cup artichokes
- 2/3 cup kalamata olives
- Other additions: clover/alfalfa sprouts, bell peppers, roasted red peppers, dairy-free feta, fresh herbs
For the oil-free Tangy Greek Vinaigrette
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2-3 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp. water (or broth)
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- Make the dressing: mince garlic and add all ingredients to a small bowl. Whisk to combine.
- Roughly chop romaine. Slice cucumber, beets, onion. Halve/quarter artichokes (and olives and tomatoes if desired).
- Distribute romaine on desired number of serving plates. Add toppings (have fun with presentation!)
- Stir dressing and spoon over the top – it’s strong so start small. (Or add your own favorite dressing!)
Nutrition Per Serving (estimate)