Easy peanut butter granola with no oil or refined sugar! Just 5 ingredients, 10 minutes of prep, and 30 minutes to make. A healthy vegan breakfast, snack, or dessert!
My idea for this recipe was to make a super easy, oil-free granola, and I love how it turned out. Only 5 ingredients, no refined sugar, and only about 10 minutes of prep.
It's naturally sweetened with maple syrup and hints of cinnamon & vanilla. Most granola recipes call for quite a bit of oil, but I found the natural oils in the peanut butter worked great.
Ingredients for Peanut Butter Granola
- Old-fashioned oats
- Peanut butter (I use creamy, natural)
- Pure maple syrup
- Vanilla extract
- Ground cinnamon (I use Ceylon)
Decrease the sweetness if desired. I use 1/4 cup maple syrup both for the sweet flavor, and also because it helps create those chunky granola clusters.
This granola is great for breakfast, snacks throughout the day, or even dessert!
Peanut Butter Granola
- 2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1/3 cup peanut butter (I use creamy, natural)
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon (I use Ceylon)
- Pinch of salt, if desired
Optional add-ins after baking:
- Vegan chocolate chips, dried fruit, coconut, etc.
- Preheat oven to 325°F (162°C).
- In a medium saucepan over med-low heat, add peanut butter and maple syrup.
- Heat for about 4-5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- When melted, remove from heat. Add vanilla and cinnamon. Stir.
- Add oats and stir well to thoroughly combine. Add a pinch of salt if desired.
- Place parchment paper (or Silpat) on a baking sheet. Add oat mixture and slightly spread out. (It doesn’t have to be totally spread out – keeping some together will create clusters.)
- Bake for about 20 minutes, stirring halfway through. Remove and let cool.
Nutrition Per Serving (Estimate)
More breakfast inspiration:
- Tofu Scramble with Spinach & Tomato
- Vegan Gluten-Free Waffles
- Vanilla Almond Overnight Oats
- Creamy Banana Matcha Smoothie
- Chunky Monkey Protein Smoothie
- Super Seed Granola
Come join The Garden Grazer on Instagram and then share a photo if you make or adapt this! (Also please leave a review & star rating below if you give it a try. Your feedback is greatly appreciated - thank you!)