The easiest peanut butter granola with no oil and no refined sugar! Just 5 ingredients, 10 minutes of prep, and 30 minutes to make. A healthy vegan breakfast, snack, or dessert!
My idea for this recipe was to make a super easy, oil-free granola… and I love how it turned out! Only 5 ingredients, no refined sugar, and only about 10 minutes of prep. It’s naturally sweetened with maple syrup and hints of cinnamon & vanilla. Most granola recipes call for quite a bit of oil, but I found the natural oils in the peanut butter worked great.
Feel free to adjust the sweetness however you like – I use 1/4 cup maple syrup for both sweetness and it helps create delicious chunky granola clusters. It’s great for breakfast, snacks throughout the day, or even dessert! Hope you enjoy as much as we do.
PS – come join The Garden Grazer on Instagram and share a photo if you make or adapt this! I love seeing your recreations. (Also please leave a review & star rating below if you give it a try. Your feedback is greatly appreciated – thank you!)
Easy Peanut Butter Granola
- 2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1/3 cup peanut butter (I use natural, smooth)
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon (I use Ceylon)
- Pinch of salt, if desired
Optional add-ins after baking
- Dairy-free chocolate chips, dried fruit, coconut, etc.
- Preheat oven to 325.
- In a medium saucepan over med-low heat, add peanut butter and maple syrup.
- Heat for about 4-5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- When melted, remove from heat. Add vanilla and cinnamon. Stir.
- Add oats and stir well to thoroughly combine. Add a pinch of salt if desired.
- Place parchment paper (or Silpat) on a baking sheet. Add oat mixture and slightly spread out. (It doesn’t have to be totally spread out – keeping some together will create clusters!)
- Bake for about 20 minutes, stirring halfway through. Remove and let cool.