This strawberry watermelon slush is a lovely summertime refreshment! Only 3 simple, whole food ingredients… all naturally sweetened, with no refined sugar.
I walked into our food co-op the other day to find myself swimming in a sea of giant watermelons. (Melon heaven!) Which of course means one thing: summer is officially here! My 5 year old daughter goes wild for watermelon, so I wanted a fresh new way for us to enjoy it. She’s a big fan of tangy lemon/lime flavor (and of course strawberries) so it all seemed like a perfect match.
Plus, can we take a moment to appreciate how awesome nature is for providing us with hot pink food? Beautiful! I’m guessing these would make awesome frozen fruit pops as well if you want to go that route. See the notes below the recipe for some additional tips/variations. Happy summer friends!
Organic vs. Conventional Produce
Quick note: in my experience, there’s a big difference in the quality and taste between organic, non-GMO vs. conventional produce. (In addition to the environmental & health benefits.) If it’s available in your area, I highly recommend buying organic when possible. Especially for this drink when ripe, flavorful melons & berries can make all the difference!
Strawberry-Lime Watermelon Slush
- 2 cups seedless watermelon (frozen*)
- 1 heaping cup strawberries (fresh or frozen)
- 2 Tbsp. fresh lime juice (about 1 juicy lime)
- Ice cubes, fresh mint, fresh basil
- Cube watermelon (rind removed) and place in freezer* for 2 hours or longer.
- When ready to make the slush, rinse and hull the strawberries (or simply use frozen).
- Place frozen watermelon, strawberries, and fresh lime juice in blender.
- Blend until slushy and serve immediately.
Nutrition Per Serving (estimate)
If you’re enjoying this watermelon strawberry slush, also check out some of our other summer time favorites:
Ultimate Greek Chopped Salad
Edamame, Corn, Tomato Salad with Lemony Dressing
Tropical Matcha Smoothie
Southwestern Chopped Salad with Cilantro-Lime Dressing
Fresh Tomato Basil Pasta
Classic Vegan Potato Salad
Mediterranean Three Bean Salad