The BEST Stuffed Pepper Soup! This meal is all the goodness and flavor of stuffed peppers… but in easy, delicious soup form! A healthy, 10-ingredient, one-pot meal.
Lentils; tiny but mighty! I’ve proclaimed my love for these little beauties before, but they’re such nutritional powerhouses. Plus so easy to cook and inexpensive! So I’m continuously trying to find new ways to enjoy them.
I’ve made several versions of this soup and this is my favorite. It combines red + brown lentils (though you could do all of one if desired). I love how the classic stuffed pepper flavor really shines through in the thick, tomatoey broth. Plus it’s GREAT for meal prep and leftovers as it becomes even more flavorful the next day!
Feel free to stir in some spinach or kale near the end of cooking for a boost of greens. (Or even some white beans if you’d like!) For serving, I highly recommend spooning cooked brown rice on top to complete the stuffed pepper ensemble. And if this finds you in the mood for some “real” stuffed pepper goodness try our favorite Mexican Quinoa Stuffed Peppers. They’re fun, festive, and easy to prepare!
PS – come join The Garden Grazer on Instagram 🍓 and share a pic if you make this! I absolutely love seeing your recreations.
Lentil Stuffed Pepper Soup
- 1 onion
- 1 large carrot
- 3 green bell peppers
- 4 cloves garlic
- 15 oz. can diced tomatoes
- 15 oz. can tomato sauce
- 6 cups vegetable broth
- 3/4 cup brown lentils (uncooked)
- 3/4 cup red lentils (uncooked)
- 1 1/2 tsp. smoked paprika
- Salt to taste
- Cooked brown rice or quinoa, hot sauce, chopped fresh parsley
- Dice onion, carrot, and bell pepper (core and seeds removed).
- In a large stockpot over med-high heat, saute onion for about 6-7 minutes. (I use 3 Tbsp. vegetable broth or water for no-oil saute method.)
- Meanwhile, mince garlic.
- Add garlic, smoked paprika, carrot, and bell pepper. Stir and saute for 1-2 minutes.
- Add diced tomatoes with juice, tomato sauce, and vegetable broth. Increase heat to high.
- Meanwhile, rinse lentils and add to pot. Stir.
- Bring to a light boil, then decrease heat to med-low, cover, and simmer for about 25-30 minutes or until lentils are cooked through.
- Salt to taste. Serve as is or with cooked rice, quinoa, hot sauce, fresh parsley, etc.
Nutrition Per Serving (estimate)
Enjoying this Stuffed Pepper Soup? Feel free to check out the full “Vegan Soup” recipe archives on the site for more plant-based inspiration!