Super easy Vegan Peanut Noodles that only take 20 minutes to make! Satisfying, protein-packed, and a perfect quick meal or take-along lunch.
These creamy, flavorful Vegan Peanut Noodles are a satisfying, protein-packed meal. Plus they only take 20 minutes to assemble. Serve them warm or chill first to let the flavors develop even further. (I enjoy both ways, but prefer them cold.) They also make a wonderful take-along lunch. Perfect with your favorite veggies or edamame on the side. I always find this dish so pleasantly filling and energizing.
I absolutely adore this Easy Peanut Sauce and am constantly searching for new ways to incorporate it. (You could also try it on this colorful Fresh Thai Quinoa Salad as well.) Make this dish your own with your favorite additions. Toss in some fresh sugar snap peas, bell pepper, shredded carrot, cabbage, edamame, or baked tofu. I love sprinkling crushed peanuts on top for crunchy texture. Hope you enjoy!
Come join The Garden Grazer on Instagram and share a photo if you make or adapt this! (Also please leave a review & star rating below if you give it a try – your feedback is always very appreciated. Thank you!)
Easy Peanut Noodles
- 8 oz. spaghetti noodles (gluten-free if desired)
For the Thai Peanut Sauce:
- 1/2 cup natural peanut butter (smooth or crunchy)
- 2 Tbsp. maple syrup or brown sugar (more/less to taste)
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. tamari (or soy sauce)
- 2 Tbsp. fresh lemon or lime juice
- 1-2 cloves garlic
- 2 tsp. fresh grated ginger (more to taste)
- Hot water to thin to desired consistency
For serving (optional):
- Crushed peanuts, sesame seeds, cilantro, fresh lime juice, green onion, sriracha, red pepper flakes
- Cook pasta according to package instructions, taking care not to overcook. Drain when finished.
- Meanwhile, make the peanut sauce:Mince garlic and grate ginger. (I use a microplane grater for ginger.) In a medium/large mixing bowl, add all peanut sauce ingredients except water.Heat 3/4 cup water to just under boiling. Add hot water a couple tablespoons at a time, slowly whisking and working the mixture together.Continue adding water and whisking until sauce is thin enough to mix the noodles in. (I usually add about 1/2 cup to 2/3 cup hot water.) Adjust flavors if needed.
- When pasta is cooked and drained, immediately add it to bowl with peanut sauce. Gently toss to combine. (Sauce will thicken further when combined with pasta.)
- Serve with any desired toppings. Add fresh lime juice or extra tamari for a flavor boost if needed. Great served warm or chilled!