Our family goes wild for these easy miso-glazed green beans! A perfect summer side dish, and packed with tons of delicious sweet & savory flavor. (Vegan, gluten-free, oil-free)
Our family goes wild for these simple miso-glazed green beans that are packed with delicious sweet & savory flavor. And they only take 15 minutes to make, with very simple prep. It’s a fantastic choice for a summer side dish (with fresh garden green beans) or even a flavorful addition to your holiday table in the winter. They’re a great alternative to these Almond-Garlic Green Beans we love as well.
How to Cook Green Beans
While I prefer to steam my green beans as written below (to help retain nutrients and it’s quick & easy) feel free to use your own favorite method of cooking.
It’s a pretty simple recipe: just cook the green beans, whisk together the glaze, and toss them together. That’s it! Hope you love these as much as our family.
PS – come join The Garden Grazer on Instagram and share a photo if you make this! (Also please leave a review & star rating below if you give it a try – your feedback is always very appreciated. Thank you!)
Miso-Glazed Green Beans
- 1 lb. fresh green beans
- 2 tsp. sesame seeds (more as desired)
For the miso glaze:
- 1 Tbsp. + 1 tsp. white miso
- 1 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp. tamari
- 2 tsp. agave (more/less to taste)
- 1 Tbsp. warm water to thin
- Trim ends off green beans and rinse.
- Place a large skillet (with lid), over medium-high heat, and add 1/2 cup water or vegetable broth. (*Or use your own favorite method of cooking green beans.)
- Once water/broth is hot, carefully add green beans and cover with lid. Steam for about 4-5 minutes or until beans are crisp-tender.
- While green beans are cooking, prepare the miso glaze: add all glaze ingredients to a medium bowl. Whisk to combine until miso clumps are dissolved. (It may take a minute!) Add a touch more water if needed to help thin.
- When green beans are crisp-tender, drain, and immediately add them to the bowl with miso glaze. Add sesame seeds. Toss well to thoroughly combine. Drizzle any remaining glaze over the top before serving.