Simple yet flavorful Tomato & White Bean Soup with fresh kale, hearty beans, and a splash of balsamic. Only 30 minutes to prepare, making it a lovely weeknight meal. (Vegan, gluten-free, oil-free.)
This white bean soup is so simple and only 30 minutes to prepare, but it’s also packed with plenty of cozy, wonderful flavor.
Hearty white beans combine with fire-roasted tomatoes, fresh kale, zucchini, and a splash of balsamic vinegar. I’ve been making variations of this recipe for years so I’m excited to finally get it posted.
As always, soup is such a beautifully versatile dish. So certainly feel free to make it your own with any adaptions or substitutions.
Change it up with your favorite herbs (or use fresh) or include other vegetables such as leeks, celery, carrot, summer squash, spinach, etc. Hope you enjoy this quick and easy meal as much as we do!
Fire-Roasted Tomato & White Bean Soup with Kale
- 1 onion
- 3-4 cloves garlic
- 1 medium zucchini
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 28 oz. can fire-roasted diced tomatoes
- 1 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 30 oz. can cannellini beans (two 15 oz. cans, or other white bean)
- 1/2 bunch fresh lacinato kale (2-3 cups chopped)
- 1 tsp. dried basil
Optional (for serving):
- Fresh chopped basil or parsley
- Dice onion.
- In a large stockpot over med-high heat, saute onion for about 8 minutes (I use 3 Tbsp. vegetable broth/water for no-oil saute method).
- Meanwhile, mince garlic and dice zucchini.
- When onion is translucent, add garlic, zucchini, and dried basil. Stir and saute for 1 minute.
- Add 3 cups vegetable broth, diced tomatoes with juice, and balsamic vinegar. Increase heat and bring to a light boil.
- Meanwhile, rinse and drain beans and add to pot.
- Once boiling, reduce heat to med-low, cover, and gently simmer for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, roughly chop kale (large stems removed). Stir in kale during the last couple minutes of cooking. Salt/pepper to taste (and top with fresh herbs before serving if desired).
Nutrition Per Serving (Estimate)
Enjoying this Tomato White Bean Soup? Also check out:
Come join The Garden Grazer on Instagram and then share a photo if you make this! (Also please leave a review/star rating below if you give it a try – your feedback is always very appreciated. Thank you!)