Snuggle up with this simple but warmly flavorful Coconut Lentil Soup! Perfect for chilly days, and made with nourishing plant-based ingredients. (Vegan, gluten-free, oil-free)
This Coconut Lentil Soup is packed with warm, comforting flavor and is wonderfully satisfying. It’s great for chilly days when you need a little extra coziness and nourishment. This recipe has become a wintertime favorite in our household because of the warm flavors and ease of assembly.
How to make Coconut Lentil Soup
This soup comes together nice and easy. Simply dice a couple veggies, grate the ginger, then combine everything in a pot and simmer to golden perfection. Stir in some kale (or spinach) at the end for a nice nutrient boost and fresh color. I love that this soup is packed with big flavor thanks to the coconut curry broth, plus fresh garlic & ginger. Truly hope you enjoy this comforting recipe as much as we do!
PS – come join The Garden Grazer on Instagram and share a photo if you make this! (Also please leave a review & star rating below if you give it a try. Your feedback is greatly appreciated – thank you!)
Vegan Coconut Curry Lentil Soup
- 1 onion
- 5 cloves garlic
- 2 inch piece ginger
- 2 Tbsp. curry powder (I use mild)
- 14 oz. can coconut milk (regular, unsweetened)
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 15 oz. can diced tomatoes (or petite diced, crushed, etc.)
- 1 cup red lentils
- 2-3 cups lacinato kale (or spinach)
Optional (for serving):
- Fresh lemon/lime juice, cilantro, cashews, vegan yogurt (plain & unsweetened)
- Dice onion.
- In a stockpot over med-high heat, sauté onion for 7-8 minutes. (I use 3 Tbsp. water/broth for no-oil sauté method, adding more as needed.)
- Meanwhile, mince garlic and grate ginger.
- When onion is translucent, add garlic, ginger, and curry powder. Stir and sauté 2-3 minutes.
- Add coconut milk, diced tomatoes, broth, and red lentils (rinsed and drained).
- Bring to a light boil. Then reduce heat, cover, and simmer for 25 minutes.
- Add roughly chopped kale (or spinach) during the last 5 minutes. Salt/pepper to taste.