Simple & delicious gluten-free waffles that are crispy on the outside and soft & fluffy on the inside. So satisfying and a perfect way to start your morning! (Vegan, GF, oil-free, nut-free option.)
These family-favorite vegan & gluten-free waffles are egg-free, dairy-free, and oil-free. But they’re fluffy, so satisfying, and delicious! It’s a great way to start the morning (or treat yourself to breakfast for dinner). They’re lightly accented with cinnamon and vanilla and perfect topped with maple syrup, fresh fruit, or whatever toppings you love.
See the notes below the recipe for altering the flour base and flavors to your liking. We’ve tried many different variations and combinations over the past few months, and this is our personal favorite. We use a large 7-inch round Belgian waffle maker (non-stick), so you may find the recipe yields more waffles if using a smaller waffle iron. The batter also works very well as a pancake mix! Hope you enjoy as much as we do.
PS – come join The Garden Grazer on Instagram and share a photo if you make this! (Also please leave a review/star rating below if you give it a try – your feedback is always very appreciated. Thank you!)
Vegan Gluten-Free Waffles
- 1 1/2 cups plant milk
- 2 Tbsp. ground flaxseed
- 1 Tbsp. pure maple syrup (optional)
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 cup gluten-free all-purpose flour*
- 1 cup almond flour**
- 1 Tbsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- Turn on and preheat your waffle iron to desired setting. (We set ours medium to medium-high.)
- In a small bowl, combine all wet ingredients. Stir and set aside.
- In a separate large bowl, combine all dry ingredients. Stir well.
- Add wet ingredients to dry, and stir until just combined.
- Using a 1/2-cup measuring cup, scoop out batter and place in the middle of waffle iron. (No need to overfill it – we find it cooks better when we don't push the batter all the way to the edge.)
- Close and let cook 5-7 minutes or until steam has completely stopped. Be sure not to open during cooking!
- When fully cooked, carefully remove waffle and continue process with the remaining batter.
Nutrition Per Serving (estimate)
If you’re enjoying these gluten-free waffles, also check out a few more breakfast favorites: