This easy, creamy Vegan Garlic Pasta packed with veggies is a warm & comforting 30-minute meal. Made with healthy ingredients (and no butter or cream!) but tastes so rich & savory. (Vegan, gluten-free, oil-free, nut-free option.)
This vegan creamy pasta is perfect for a quick weeknight meal when you're craving something warm and comforting. Plus the assembly only takes 30 minutes. It tastes so rich and savory, but is made with healthy ingredients (and no butter or cream!)
The white sauce is made easy right in the blender and has a light, slightly cheesy flavor. Plus it's wonderfully customizable with your own favorite vegetables and pasta of choice. Serve it with a side salad, whole grain bread, or your favorite vegan sausage.
How to make Vegan Creamy Pasta
- Boil pasta of choice
- Prepare then sauté the vegetables until crisp-tender
- Blend sauce ingredients in a blender
- Combine it all together
Hope you enjoy this simple comfort meal as well.
Vegan Creamy Pasta with Garlic & Vegetables
- 8 oz. pasta (fusilli, penne, spaghetti, etc.)
- 3 cups broccoli florets (1 small/medium head)
- 6 oz. mushrooms (I use cremini)
- 1 red bell pepper
- 3-4 cloves garlic
For the creamy white sauce:
- 2 1/2 cups plant milk* (plain & unsweetened)
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour (I use gluten-free)
- 2 tsp. onion powder
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 Tbsp. white miso
- Cook pasta according to package instructions, leaving al dente (slightly firm, not mushy). Drain when finished.
- Meanwhile, prepare vegetables: cut broccoli into small florets, slice mushrooms, and chop bell pepper. Mince garlic.
- In a large pan over medium-high heat, sauté mushrooms and bell pepper for 3-4 minutes. (I use 3 Tbsp. water/broth for no-oil sauté method, adding more as needed.)
- Add broccoli florets and sauté for 6-7 minutes or until broccoli is crisp-tender.
- Meanwhile, make the sauce: in a blender, add all sauce ingredients and blend to combine.
- Add minced garlic to the pan, stir, and sauté for 2 minutes.
- Reduce heat and add sauce. Lightly simmer for about 3 minutes, stirring often, or until sauce thickens. Turn off heat.
- Add pasta and toss to combine. Salt/pepper to taste before serving and garnish with fresh herbs if desired.
Nutrition Per Serving (Estimate)
If you're enjoying this vegan pasta, also check out:
Come join The Garden Grazer on Instagram and then share a photo if you make or adapt this recipe! (Also please leave a review/star rating below if you give it a try - your feedback is always very appreciated, thank you!)