These speedy (15-minute!) vegan bean tostadas are a satisfying weeknight meal. They are quick and easy to assemble, and then just add your favorite toppings!
Have 15 minutes? Let's make some quick and easy bean tostadas.
There is something I have always loved about tostadas ever since I was a kid. The crunchy shell spread with creamy beans and then topped with crisp, fresh veggies - delicious!
And turns out they are super simple to make which is a huge plus.
How to Make Bean Tostadas
You can either buy pre-made hard tostada shells, or try my quick and easy method of making your own.
I simply use fresh corn tortillas (brush lightly with oil if desired) and crisp them under the broiler for a couple minutes. Just be sure to watch them closely so they don't burn.
It is a versatile meal you can change up with your own favorite toppings or sauces.
- 5 corn tortillas
- 15 oz. can refried beans (vegan)
- 2 tsp. taco seasoning
- 2/3 cup grape tomatoes (diced)
- 2 cups romaine lettuce (chopped)
- 1/4 cup red onion (finely diced)
Toppings of choice:
- Vegan cheese shreds, salsa, avocado/guacamole, olives, cilantro, etc.
- In a small pan over low to med-low heat, add refried beans and cumin. Heat for about 5 minutes, or until warm, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, turn oven on broil. Once hot, place corn tortillas single file on a baking sheet. Broil for 2 minutes. Flip, then broil for one more minute until edges are slightly golden. *Watch them carefully so they don't burn!* (I have my rack about 10 inches under the broiler - adjust times if yours is closer.)
- Prepare your toppings: chop tomatoes, lettuce, and finely dice red onion.
- Build your tostadas: take a crisp tortilla and spread out a thin layer of beans. Add any desired toppings and enjoy!
Nutrition Per Serving (Estimate)
If you are enjoying these easy Vegan Bean Tostadas, also browse all Mexican-inspired recipes or check out: