A delightful blueberry dressing that is vibrant, sweet, and tangy. Easy to make and lovely drizzled over a simple spinach salad.
This simple blueberry dressing is great in the summertime with garden-fresh basil and blueberries. The rich color is so wonderful and inviting!
Drizzling it over a simple mixed greens or spinach salad is all it needs to shine. Feel free to add other nuts (like these naturally sweetened Maple-Vanilla Candied Nuts), berries, or thinly sliced onion.
Ingredients for Blueberry Dressing
For this recipe you will need:
- Fresh blueberries
- Fresh basil
- White wine vinegar: Or apple cider vinegar or other vinegar or choice.
- Olive oil: Omit for a oil-free, then add a touch of water to thin.
- Agave: Or other sweetener if desired.
- Pinch of salt
For more salad inspiration, also check out:
- Carrot Ginger Miso Dressing (Oil-Free)
- Garlic Basil Balsamic Dressing (Oil-Free)
- Black Bean Avocado Edamame Salad
- Marinated Kale Salad
- Southwestern Chopped Salad with Cilantro-Lime Dressing
Blueberry Basil Dressing
For the Salad:
- Baby spinach
- Blueberries (or other berries)
- Walnuts (or toasted almonds, maple-vanilla candied nuts, etc.)
For the Blueberry Basil Dressing:
- 1/2 cup fresh blueberries
- 1/8 cup fresh basil
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. white wine vinegar (or apple cider vinegar, etc.)
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil (omit for oil-free, replacing with water as needed)
- 1/2 tsp. agave
- Pinch of salt
- In a blender or food processor, add all dressing ingredients and blend until relatively smooth. Taste and adjust seasonings if necessary. (Salt/pepper if needed, more agave for sweetness, more vinegar for tang, etc.)
- Assemble salad on a plate, and drizzle desired amount of dressing on top.
Nutrition Per Serving (Estimate)
If you are enjoying this blueberry dressing, also feel free to check out: