A tasty Blueberry Salad Dressing recipe with fresh basil that is vibrant, sweet, and tangy! It's easy to make and perfect drizzled over a simple spinach salad. (Vegan, gluten-free, oil-free option.)
This simple blueberry dressing is great in the summertime with garden-fresh basil and blueberries.
The rich color is so wonderful and inviting.
Plus it is quick and easy to make!
Ingredients for Blueberry Salad Dressing
For this recipe you will blend in a blender or food processor:
- Fresh blueberries: I have not tested this recipe with frozen blueberries, but those might work too. (I would suggest you thaw them first.)
- Fresh basil: You will need about 1/8 cup fresh basil leaves for this recipe. But you can use more or less as desired.
- White wine vinegar: Or apple cider vinegar or other vinegar or choice.
- Olive oil: Use a good quality extra-virgin olive oil or your own favorite oil like avocado oil. (See below for oil-free option.)
- Agave nectar: Or substitute with another sweetener like maple syrup if desired.
- Pinch of salt
Flavor: Change up the accent flavors however you see fit. Instead of white wine vinegar, use balsamic vinegar or fresh lemon juice. Or include Dijon mustard, black pepper, etc.
Oil-free option: Simply omit the olive oil, then add a touch of water to help thin the dressing to your desired consistency.
Other berries: I have not tested this yet, but I'm guessing this dressing could work with other berry variations such as fresh strawberries, raspberries, blackberries, etc.
Simple salad: Drizzle this blueberry vinaigrette over a simple mixed greens, lettuce, or spinach salad.
Salad additions: Feel free to add berries, thinly sliced onion, seeds, or nuts for protein and crunch to your salad. (We really enjoy these naturally sweetened Maple Vanilla Candied Walnuts.) Or add vegan feta cheese or dairy-free goat cheese.
The dressing will become more of a gel-like consistency as it sits. So simply stir before serving, or add a touch of water to thin it out if desired.
Store leftovers in a sealed container in the fridge. (I use a small mason jar.) We find it keeps for about 3 days.
Blueberry Basil Salad Dressing
For the blueberry dressing:
- 1/2 cup fresh blueberries
- 1/8 cup fresh basil
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. white wine vinegar (or balsamic, apple cider vinegar, etc.)
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil*
- 1/2 tsp. agave (or pure maple syrup)
- Pinch of salt
For the spinach salad:
- Baby spinach
- Blueberries (or other berries)
- Walnuts (or toasted almonds, maple-vanilla candied nuts, etc.)
- In a blender or food processor, add all dressing ingredients and blend until smooth. Taste and adjust seasonings if necessary. (Salt/pepper if needed, more agave for sweetness, more vinegar for tangy flavor, etc.)
- Assemble salad on a plate, and drizzle desired amount of dressing on top.
Nutrition Per Serving (Estimate)
If you are enjoying this blueberry basil salad dressing recipe, also check out:
- Creamy Garden Herb Dressing
- Carrot Ginger Miso Dressing (Oil-Free)
- Garlic Basil Balsamic Dressing (Oil-Free)
- Black Bean Avocado Edamame Salad