A quick and easy Vegan French Bread Pizza recipe! It's a deliciously satisfying weeknight meal that everyone can customize with their own favorite toppings.
We're huge fans of pizza in any form, so this easy vegan French bread pizza is perfect for a quick weeknight fix.
Plus it's a great family-friendly meal since everyone can have fun customizing theirs with their own favorite toppings.
It's also flexible with your own favorite sauce! Try Pizza Sauce, Marinara Sauce, BBQ Sauce, Vegan Pesto, etc. Then leave it simple with cheese, or get creative with your favorite veggie toppings and herbs.
Vegan Cheese Options
For a more "traditional" mozzarella cheese, one brand we love is Miyoko's vegan mozzarella. (Not sponsored, just enjoy.) It's tasty, melts decently, and is made from great ingredients like organic cashews. (Update: We now love Miyoko's pourable liquid mozzarella even more!)
However, there are many fantastic options available on the market now, so pick your favorite! You can also sprinkle on this homemade Vegan Parmesan Cheese before serving too.
For more inspiration, also browse all easy vegan dinner recipes.
Vegan French Bread Pizza
- 1 French bread loaf (I use ciabatta or baguette)
- 1-2 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 2/3 cup pizza sauce (or marinara, BBQ, pesto, etc.)
- 2/3 cup vegan mozzarella shreds (I use Miyoko's)
- 1/2 tsp. Italian seasoning (optional)
Toppings of choice (optional):
- Tomato, mushroom, onion, bell pepper, spinach, olives, etc.
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Cut bread in half, lengthwise. Place slices face up on a baking sheet and lightly brush with olive oil.
- Bake for 8 minutes to crisp up the bread.
- Remove from oven. Carefully spread desired amount of sauce evenly over each half of bread. Then top with cheese, a sprinkle of Italian seasonings (or other herbs of choice), and any additional toppings if desired.
- Return to oven for about 10-15 minutes. Then turn on the broiler for the last minute or two. (Watch carefully if placing under the broiler as it can burn quickly!)
Nutrition Per Serving (Estimate)
Sodium: This is omitted as I cannot provide an accurate number. I encourage you to calculate your own to provide a much more precise reading based on the exact ingredients, brands, and amounts you're using.
If you are enjoying this dairy-free French Bread Pizza, you can also browse all main dish recipes for more inspiration.