This immensely flavorful (oil-free!) balsamic vinaigrette dressing with fresh basil and garlic pairs great with a wide variety of salads. It is especially wonderful in the summertime with fresh garden basil.
This tangy Garlic-Basil Balsamic Dressing is a great way to incorporate fresh basil in the summertime when the herb is at peak harvest.
Garlic and balsamic paired together has always been a favorite of mine, but fragrant fresh basil takes it to a whole other level.
It is so tasty on a wide variety of salads.
Ingredients for Basil Balsamic Dressing
For this recipe you will need:
- Balsamic vinegar
- Fresh basil
- Dijon mustard
- Pure maple syrup: I use this because it works well as a natural sweetener.
- Nutritional yeast
This recipe yields about 1/3 cup dressing so increase as desired.
We find it also keeps well covered in the refrigerator for about 4-5 days.
For more oil-free vegan dressing inspiration, also check out:
- Carrot Ginger Miso Dressing
- Strawberry-Balsamic Dressing
- Garlic-Ginger Peanut Dressing
- Creamy Cilantro-Lime Dressing
- Zesty Italian Vinaigrette
- Marinated Kale Salad
Garlic-Basil Balsamic Dressing
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 Tbsp. fresh basil, finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 2-3 tsp. pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp. nutritional yeast
- 2 tsp. water
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- Mince garlic and finely chop basil.
- Combine all ingredients in a small bowl and whisk to combine. (Or add to a small jar, then seal and shake well to combine.)
- Adjust flavors if desired. Store in a sealed container in the refrigerator for about 4-5 days.
Nutrition Per Serving (Estimate)
If you are enjoying this oil free basil balsamic vinaigrette dressing, also check out: