This dairy-free vegan Hawaiian BBQ Pizza with cashew parmesan is so delicious and satisfying. It's made with hearty black beans, pineapple, onion, and an easy homemade vegan parmesan cheese with lots of flavor.
Have you tried cashew parmesan? It is so quick and easy to make, and a great healthier alternative to dairy cheese. (I am convinced it is "magic dust"!)
You can sprinkle it on pizza, veggies, pasta, salads, sandwiches, wraps. There are so many versatile ways to enjoy it.
And it has elevated our homemade vegan pizzas to a whole other level.
I really enjoy "Hawaiian style" pizza with sweet pineapple, onion, fresh cilantro, and BBQ sauce.
This vegan version doesn't skip a beat with the homemade cashew parmesan.
We also add black beans in this version for some extra heartiness (plus fiber and plant-based protein).
Use as much or as little of the toppings to suit your own taste however.
For more inspiration, also browse all 30 minute or less recipes.
Vegan Hawaiian BBQ Pizza with Cashew Parmesan
- 15 oz. can black beans
- 1/2 small red onion
- 2 cups pineapple tidbits (canned or fresh)
- 1 cup BBQ sauce
- 1 large pizza crust/dough (homemade or store-bought)
- Fresh cilantro for garnish
For the cashew parmesan:
- 1/2 cup raw cashews
- 3 Tbsp. nutritional yeast
- 1/8 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- Preheat oven to 400°F (204°C) or whatever temperature your pizza crust is happiest.
- Make the cashew parmesan*: Place all parmesan ingredients in a food processor and process until crumbly.
- Slice onion and dice pineapple.
- Place pizza dough/crust on an oven-safe sheet or pizza pan. Evenly spread the BBQ sauce on top of dough/crust.
- Sprinkle a layer of cashew parmesan, then black beans (rinsed and drained), onion, and pineapple.
- Place in oven and bake 10-15 minutes or until heated through.
- While pizza is baking, roughly chop cilantro.
- When pizza is done, top with cilantro. (I add another light sprinkle of cashew parmesan before serving as well.)
Nutrition Per Serving (Estimate)
If you are enjoying this Vegan Hawaiian BBQ Pizza, also feel free to check out:
- Cheesy Fiesta Beans & Rice
- Cheesy Nacho Roasted Chickpeas
- Teriyaki Noodles with Vegetables (30 Minute)