This vegan Hawaiian BBQ Pizza recipe with cashew parmesan is so delicious and satisfying. It's made with hearty black beans, pineapple, red onion, and an easy homemade vegan parmesan cheese with lots of flavor!
Have you tried cashew parmesan? It's so quick and easy to make, and a great healthier alternative to dairy cheese. (I'm convinced it's "magic dust"!)
You can sprinkle it on pizza, veggies, pasta, salads, sandwiches, wraps. There are so many versatile ways to enjoy it.
It's definitely elevated our homemade vegan pizzas to a whole other level.
Ingredients for Vegan Hawaiian Pizza
For this recipe you will need:
- Black beans: I love the addition of creamy black beans on this pizza. It adds some extra heartiness, plus fiber and plant-based protein.
- Red onion
- Pineapple: Most often, I use canned pineapple tidbits for convenience. Just be sure to remove the excess juice before placing on the pizza. But fresh pineapple works great too!
- BBQ sauce: Use your own favorite homemade sauce or store-bought.
- Pizza crust or dough
- Fresh cilantro: This is really tasty sprinkled on the pizza after baking. It adds such fresh, bright flavor.
- Cashew parmesan: You will need raw cashews, nutritional yeast, garlic powder, and salt to make the homemade parmesan.
Have leftover cashew parmesan? Store it in a sealed jar or container in the fridge. It keeps for a couple months!
Vegan cheese: Feel free to swap out the cashew parmesan for your own favorite cheese! Use dairy-free mozzarella shreds or a combination of mozzarella and cheddar.
Toppings: Use as much or as little of the toppings to suit your own taste. I'm a big fan of the pineapple-onion-cilantro combination.
For more inspiration, also browse all 30 minute or less recipes.
Vegan Hawaiian BBQ Pizza with Cashew Parmesan
- 15 oz. can black beans
- 1/2 small red onion
- 2 cups pineapple tidbits (canned or fresh)
- 1 cup BBQ sauce
- 1 large pizza crust/dough (homemade or store-bought)
- Fresh cilantro for garnish
For the cashew parmesan:
- 1/2 cup raw cashews
- 3 Tbsp. nutritional yeast
- 1/8 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- Preheat oven to 400°F (204°C) or whatever temperature your pizza crust is happiest.
- Make the cashew parmesan*: Place all parmesan ingredients in a food processor and process until crumbly.
- Slice onion and dice pineapple.
- Place pizza dough/crust on an oven-safe sheet or pizza pan. Evenly spread the BBQ sauce on top of dough/crust.
- Sprinkle a layer of cashew parmesan, then black beans (rinsed and drained), onion, and pineapple.
- Place in oven and bake 10-15 minutes or until heated through.
- While pizza is baking, roughly chop cilantro.
- When pizza is done, top with cilantro. (I add another light sprinkle of cashew parmesan before serving as well.)
Nutrition Per Serving (Estimate)
If you are enjoying this Vegan Hawaiian BBQ Pizza recipe, also feel free to check out: