A vegan Hawaiian BBQ Quesadilla recipe made with sweet pineapple, dairy-free cheese, and BBQ sauce! It's such a quick and flavorful lunch or dinner.
This easy Vegan BBQ Quesadilla is so tasty and satisfying!
"Hawaiian style" is one of our favorite pizza combinations. It combines BBQ sauce, pineapple, red onion, and fresh cilantro.
So this is a great alternative when we don't have time to make an actual pizza.
Ingredients for Vegan BBQ Quesadilla
For this recipe you will need:
- Pineapple tidbits: Either use canned or cut fresh. Most often I simply use canned for convenience. (Just be sure to remove some of the excess juice first so it doesn't make your quesadilla soggy.)
- Red onion
- Fresh cilantro: This adds really great flavor and freshness. Use as much or as little as you would like.
- BBQ sauce: Simply use your own favorite homemade or store-bought sauce. (I like using my homemade BBQ Sauce.)
- Shredded vegan cheese: There are so many great options for dairy-free cheese available now. Most often I use the Follow Your Heart brand. Use whatever varieties you like best such as mozzarella, cheddar, or a blend.
- Large tortillas: I try to use whole grain when possible. Be sure to use gluten-free if needed.
Tip: Black beans are also a great addition for extra heartiness and protein.
For more inspiration, also browse all 15 minute recipes.
Vegan Hawaiian BBQ Quesadilla
- 1/2 cup pineapple tidbits (halved)
- 1/4 cup red onion (sliced)
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro (roughly chopped, large stems removed)
- 1/3 cup BBQ sauce (more/less to taste)
- 1/2 cup shredded vegan cheese
- 2 large tortillas (gluten-free if desired)
- On a skillet over medium heat, place a tortilla and lightly sprinkle with vegan cheese on one half.
- On that same cheese half, add cilantro, pineapple (any excess juice removed), onion, and drizzle with BBQ sauce.
- Top with another light layer of cheese.
- Fold over the top half and let heat for about 10 minutes, turning halfway through until cheese is melted. Repeat process for other quesadilla.
- Serve with extra BBQ sauce (or guacamole) for dipping if desired.
Nutrition Per Serving (Estimate)
Sodium: This is omitted as I cannot provide an accurate number. I encourage you to calculate your own to provide a much more precise reading based on the exact ingredients, brands, and amounts you're using.
If you are enjoying this Vegan BBQ Hawaiian Quesadilla recipe, also check out: