Vegan Hawaiian BBQ Quesadilla made with sweet pineapple, dairy-free cheese, and BBQ sauce! A quick and flavorful vegan lunch or dinner.
This easy Vegan BBQ Quesadilla is so tasty and satisfying.
The "Hawaiian style" with BBQ sauce, pineapple, red onion, and fresh cilantro is one of our favorite pizza combinations.
So this is a great alternative when we don't have time to make an actual pizza.
Ingredients for Vegan BBQ Quesadilla
For this recipe you will need:
- Pineapple tidbits: Either canned or cut fresh.
- Red onion
- Fresh cilantro
- BBQ sauce: Use your own favorite.
- Shredded vegan cheese: There are so many great options available now!
- Large tortillas: I try to use whole grain when possible.
Black beans are also a lovely addition for extra heartiness and protein.
Feel free to change it up based on your own preferences, however.
For more inspiration, also browse all 15 minute recipes.
Vegan Hawaiian BBQ Quesadilla
- 1/2 cup pineapple tidbits (halved)
- 1/4 cup red onion (sliced)
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro (roughly chopped, large stems removed)
- 1/3 cup BBQ sauce (more/less to taste)
- 1/2 cup shredded vegan cheese
- 2 large tortillas (gluten-free if desired)
- On a skillet over medium heat, place a tortilla and lightly sprinkle with vegan cheese on one half.
- On that same cheese half, add cilantro, pineapple (any excess juice removed), onion, and drizzle with BBQ sauce.
- Top with another light layer of cheese.
- Fold over the top half and let heat for about 10 minutes, turning halfway through until cheese is melted. Repeat process for other quesadilla.
- Serve with extra BBQ sauce (or guacamole) for dipping if desired!
Nutrition Per Serving (Estimate)
If you are enjoying this Vegan BBQ Hawaiian Quesadilla, also check out: