Roasted green beans with a flavorful orange-hoisin sauce! An easy & delicious side dish for your Asian-inspired meals. Plus they are only 30 minutes to make! (Vegan, gluten-free, oil-free.)
These roasted green beans are a great, tasty side dish for a wide variety of Asian-inspired meals.
I love how quick and easy they come together.
Plus they are roasted in the oven, so that frees up your stove space for whatever else you've got cooking.
Ingredients for Hoisin Green Beans
For this recipe, you will need:
- Fresh green beans
- Hoisin sauce: I use gluten-free "San-J" brand.
- Juice of 1 orange
- Tamari: Or soy sauce.
- Sesame seeds (for serving)
I especially love pairing these with rice or noodles which allows the tasty hoisin sauce mixture to blend together with my other dishes.
For more inspiration, also browse all side dish recipes.
Hoisin-Orange Roasted Green Beans
- 1 lb. green beans
- 1/4 cup hoisin sauce* (GF if desired)
- 1/4 cup fresh orange juice (about 1 orange)
- 1 Tbsp. tamari
- 2 tsp. sesame seeds, for serving
- Preheat oven to 400°F (204°C).
- In a large mixing bowl, add hoisin sauce, fresh orange juice, and tamari. Stir to combine.
- Add green beans (ends trimmed) and toss well to coat.
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper or Silpat.** Spread the green beans (and any remaining sauce) in an even layer.
- Roast 15-20 minutes until slightly wrinkled, or to desired tenderness.
- Drizzle beans with leftover pan juices before serving. Garnish with sesame seeds. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Nutrition Per Serving (Estimate)
If you have some leftover hoisin sauce, also give it a try in:
Please leave a review and rating if you make or adapt this recipe. Your feedback is always very appreciated. Thank you!
Follow The Garden Grazer on Instagram, Pinterest, or RSS for more updates and inspiration.