An easy roasted green beans recipe tossed with a flavorful orange-hoisin sauce! A delicious side dish for your Asian-inspired meals. Plus they only take 30 minutes to make! (Vegan, gluten-free, oil-free.)
These roasted green beans with hoisin-orange sauce are a tasty side dish for a wide variety of Asian-inspired meals.
Plus they come together so quick and easy!
We'll roast them in the oven, so that frees up your stove space for whatever else you've got cooking.
Ingredients for Hoisin Green Beans
For this recipe, you will roast in the oven on a sheet pan:
- Fresh green beans: We will need one pound green beans for this recipe. For best flavor and nutrients, try to find smooth, firm beans that are a bright green color. Avoid ones that are soft, bruised, or starting to turn yellow.
- Hoisin sauce: Be sure to use one that you enjoy, because it's a lot of the flavor in this dish. For a gluten-free option, I use "San-J" brand.
- Fresh orange juice: We will need 1/4 cup orange juice, which is about one orange.
- Tamari: Or you can substitute soy sauce, but I use tamari for gluten-free. Coconut aminos could also work. Be sure to use low sodium if needed.
- Sesame seeds (for serving)
Rice or noodles: I especially love pairing these with cooked brown rice or noodles because the tasty hoisin sauce blends together with it.
When to serve: You can either serve these green beans immediately while warm, or at room temperature.
Hoisin-Orange Roasted Green Beans
- 1 lb. green beans
- 1/4 cup hoisin sauce* (GF if desired)
- 1/4 cup fresh orange juice (about 1 orange)
- 1 Tbsp. tamari
- 2 tsp. sesame seeds, for serving
- Preheat oven to 400°F (204°C).
- In a large mixing bowl, add hoisin sauce, fresh orange juice, and tamari. Stir to combine.
- Add green beans (ends trimmed) and toss well to coat.
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper or Silpat.** Spread the green beans (and any remaining sauce) in an even layer.
- Roast 15-20 minutes until slightly wrinkled, or to desired tenderness.
- Drizzle beans with leftover pan juices before serving. Garnish with sesame seeds. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Nutrition Per Serving (Estimate)
Sodium: This is omitted as I cannot provide an accurate number. I encourage you to calculate your own to provide a much more precise reading based on the exact ingredients, brands, and amounts you're using.
If you're enjoying this Hoisin Roasted Green Beans recipe, also check out: