Roasted green beans with a flavorful orange-hoisin sauce! An easy & delicious side dish for your Asian-inspired meals. Plus they are only 30 minutes to make! (Vegan, gluten-free, oil-free.)
These roasted green beans with hoisin-orange sauce are a great, tasty side dish for a wide variety of Asian-inspired meals.
Plus they come together so quick and easy.
They are roasted in the oven, so that frees up your stove space for whatever else you've got cooking.
Ingredients for Hoisin Green Beans
For this recipe, you will roast in the oven on a sheet pan:
- Fresh green beans
- Hoisin sauce: Be sure to use one that you enjoy, because it's a lot of the flavor in this dish. For a gluten-free option, I use "San-J" brand.
- Juice of 1 orange
- Tamari: Or soy sauce, but I use tamari for gluten-free.
- Sesame seeds (for serving)
I especially love pairing these with rice or noodles because the tasty hoisin sauce mixtures blends together with them!
You can either serve them warm immediately, or at room temperature.
For more inspiration, also browse all side dish recipes.
Hoisin-Orange Roasted Green Beans
- 1 lb. green beans
- 1/4 cup hoisin sauce* (GF if desired)
- 1/4 cup fresh orange juice (about 1 orange)
- 1 Tbsp. tamari
- 2 tsp. sesame seeds, for serving
- Preheat oven to 400°F (204°C).
- In a large mixing bowl, add hoisin sauce, fresh orange juice, and tamari. Stir to combine.
- Add green beans (ends trimmed) and toss well to coat.
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper or Silpat.** Spread the green beans (and any remaining sauce) in an even layer.
- Roast 15-20 minutes until slightly wrinkled, or to desired tenderness.
- Drizzle beans with leftover pan juices before serving. Garnish with sesame seeds. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Nutrition Per Serving (Estimate)
If you have some leftover hoisin sauce, also give it a try in:
- Shiitake Garlic Noodles
- Asian Style Garlic Tofu
- Vegetable Lo Mein (30 Minute)
- Hoisin Peanut Noodles (15 Minute)