A healthy oil-free vegan Greek-inspired salad filled with bold flavors, then topped with an easy, tangy dressing. (Plus a garbanzo bean boost!)
I adore the boldness of Greek-style flavors, and this restaurant-style salad is no exception.
It is loaded with big flavors like olives, artichokes, and onion and then is topped with a zesty, tangy, oil-free Greek-inspired vinaigrette.
Plus the deconstructed style makes for a gorgeous presentation.
It is like creating your own beautiful salad art! Fun, festive, and a great choice for dinner parties and entertaining too.
Ingredients for Greek Salad
For this recipe you will need:
- Cucumber: I use English/hothouse cucumbers because they are more flavorful, but regular seedless garden cucumbers can work too.
- Cherry or grape tomatoes
- Red onion
- Garbanzo beans (chickpeas)
- Cooked beets
- Artichoke hearts (jarred)
- Kalamata olives
- Red wine vinegar
- Fresh lemon juice
- Dried oregano
You can also prepare this as a chopped salad as well by dicing everything in smaller pieces.
For more inspiration, also browse all vegan salad recipes.
Vegan Greek Salad
- 1 large head romaine (or 2 small)
- 1 cucumber (I use English/hothouse)
- 1 1/2 cups grape/cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 small red onion
- 15 oz. can garbanzo beans
- 1 cup cooked beets (I use organic Love Beets brand)
- 1 cup artichoke hearts (I use jarred)
- 2/3 cup kalamata olives
- Other additions: clover/alfalfa sprouts, bell peppers, roasted red peppers, vegan feta, fresh herbs
For the Greek-Style Dressing:
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2-3 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp. water (or broth)
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- Make the dressing: mince garlic and add all dressing ingredients to a small bowl. Whisk to combine.
- Roughly chop romaine. Slice cucumber (peeled if desired), beets, and onion. Halve/quarter artichoke hearts (and olives and tomatoes if desired).
- Place romaine on serving plates. Add toppings. (Have fun with presentation!)
- Stir dressing and spoon over the top – it’s strong so start small. (Or simply add your own favorite dressing.)
Nutrition Per Serving (Estimate)
If you are enjoying this vegan Greek salad, also check out:
- Southwestern Chopped Salad with Cilantro Lime Dressing
- Fresh Thai Quinoa Salad with Peanut Sauce
- Butternut Squash and Kale Salad with Maple Balsamic Dressing
- Vegan Italian Chopped Salad