This vegan Minestrone Soup is so satisfying and combines beans, vegetables, and pasta. It is an easy, customizable lunch or dinner that's just one pot, 10 ingredients, and 30 minutes! (Vegan, gluten-free, oil-free.)
This 10-ingredient, 30-minute Vegan Minestrone Soup is so satisfying and cozy.
It is a beautiful mixture of so many good things. Vegetables, pasta, and beans all swimming in a thick, tomato-rich broth.
Plus it is quick and easy to prepare, and great for lunch or dinner.
The simple ingredients are mostly pantry staples that I usually have on hand.
Ingredients for Minestrone Soup
For this recipe you will need:
- Yellow onion
- Vegetable broth
- Canned diced tomatoes: Regular or fire-roasted.
- Canned tomato sauce
- Kidney beans
- Pasta: Simply use your own favorite. I use gluten-free elbow or small shell.
- Green beans: I use frozen.
- Dried basil
Adapt this recipe with other vegetables and herbs however.
It is a versatile recipe depending on your own favorites or what is in season.
For more inspiration, also browse all soup and chili recipes.
Vegan Minestrone Soup
- 1 yellow onion
- 1 medium carrot
- 3-4 cloves garlic
- 5 cups vegetable broth
- 15 oz. can diced tomatoes (I use petite-diced)
- 15 oz. can tomato sauce*
- 15 oz. can kidney beans (or white beans)
- 1 cup elbow or small shell pasta (gluten-free if desired)
- 1 1/2 cups cut green beans (frozen or fresh)
- 1 tsp. dried basil (I often add 1/2 tsp. oregano as well)
- Salt/pepper to taste
For serving (optional):
- Fresh basil or parsley, vegan parmesan, fresh lemon juice
- Dice onion and carrot.
- In a stockpot over med-high heat, sauté onion and carrot for about 7-8 minutes. (I use 3 Tbsp. water/broth for no-oil sauté method, adding more as necessary.)
- Meanwhile, mince garlic.
- When onion is translucent, add garlic and dried basil. Stir and sauté 1 minute.
- Add vegetable broth, diced tomatoes with juice, tomato sauce, and kidney beans (rinsed and drained). Increase heat and bring to a light boil.
- When lightly boiling, add pasta and green beans. Stir.
- Reduce heat, cover, and simmer for about 10 minutes or until pasta is tender. Salt/pepper to taste.
Nutrition Per Serving (Estimate)
If you are enjoying this easy Vegan Minestrone Soup, also check out: