A festive & comforting vegan Peppermint Cocoa Matcha Latte! This cozy drink is great to enjoy during the holiday season. Made dairy-free and naturally sweetened!
This comforting Peppermint Matcha Latte is so festive around the holidays.
Plus it is energizing and naturally sweetened.
My favorite way to enjoy matcha is pure whisked tea, but a comforting latte is such a special treat too.
If you're curious, visit my Matcha Guide for more information.
For this simple latte you will need:
- Soy milk: Or substitute with your own favorite dairy-free milk. I like soy milk because it is nice and creamy, but cashew milk, almond milk, etc. would work great too.
- Matcha powder: Any grade of matcha green tea will work with this recipe. Either ceremonial grade, latte grade, or culinary grade. Just be sure to use a good quality organic matcha powder that is bright green in color.
- Cacao powder: Or use cocoa powder. This gives it a little chocolate flavor.
- Pure maple syrup: This works great for a natural sweetener.
- Peppermint extract: You can find this in a small glass bottle (similar to vanilla extract and almond extract).
For more inspiration, also browse all drink and beverage recipes.
Peppermint Cocoa Matcha Latte
- 1 1/2 cups vanilla soy milk (or other plant milk)
- 1 tsp. organic matcha powder
- 1 1/2 tsp. cacao powder (or cocoa)
- 1 Tbsp. pure maple syrup (more or less to taste)
- 1/8 tsp. peppermint extract
- In a small saucepan, heat milk over medium-low until just simmering.
- Add cacao powder, maple syrup, and peppermint. Whisk gently until combined.
- Turn off heat and add matcha. Whisk for about 20-30 seconds to incorporate and dissolve matcha.
- Carefully pour into a mug and enjoy.
Nutrition Per Serving (Estimate)
If you are enjoying this vegan peppermint cocoa matcha latte, also feel free to check out:
- Creamy Banana Matcha Smoothie
- How to Whisk a Bowl of Matcha (Video)
- Vanilla Soy Matcha Latte
- Coconut Vanilla Matcha Smoothie