A festive and comforting Peppermint Matcha Latte with Cocoa! This cozy drink is great to enjoy during the holiday season. Made dairy-free and naturally sweetened! (Vegan, gluten-free.)
This comforting Peppermint Matcha Latte is so festive around the holidays.
Plus it is energizing and naturally sweetened.
Feel free to make it fancy and add garnish to you mug like fresh mint leaves, a small candy cane, etc.
Ingredients for Peppermint Matcha Latte
For this simple peppermint tea latte you will combine in a small pot on the stove:
- Soy milk: Or substitute with your own favorite dairy-free milk. I like soy milk because it is nice and creamy, but cashew milk, almond milk, coconut milk, etc. would work great too.
- Matcha powder: Any grade of matcha green tea will work with this recipe. Either ceremonial grade, latte grade, or culinary grade. Just be sure to use a good quality organic matcha powder that is bright green in color. Matcha is high in chlorophyll, antioxidants, and many other beneficial nutrients. (Be aware it does contain caffeine however!) Visit my Matcha Guide for more information.
- Cacao powder: Or use cocoa powder. This gives it a little chocolate taste.
- Pure maple syrup: This works great for a natural sweetener, but feel free to stir in your own favorite sweetener to the mixture.
- Peppermint extract: You can find mint extract in a small glass bottle (similar to vanilla extract and almond extract).
For more inspiration, also browse all drink and beverage recipes.
Peppermint Matcha Latte with Cocoa
- 1 1/2 cups vanilla soy milk (or other plant milk)
- 1 tsp. organic matcha powder*
- 1 1/2 tsp. cacao powder (or cocoa powder)
- 1 Tbsp. pure maple syrup (more or less to taste)
- 1/8 tsp. peppermint extract
- In a small saucepan, heat milk over medium-low until just simmering.
- Add cacao powder, maple syrup, and peppermint. Whisk gently until combined.
- Turn off heat and add matcha. Whisk for about 20-30 seconds to dissolve matcha and break up any clumps.
- Carefully pour into a mug and enjoy.
Nutrition Per Serving (Estimate)
If you are enjoying this vegan peppermint matcha latte with cocoa, also feel free to check out:
- Creamy Banana Matcha Smoothie
- How to Whisk a Bowl of Matcha (Video)
- Vanilla Soy Matcha Latte
- Coconut Vanilla Matcha Smoothie