These easy oven roasted Homestyle Breakfast Potatoes are seasoned and then baked with flavorful bits of onion and bell pepper. Our favorite breakfast potatoes!
These are my favorite oven-roasted breakfast potatoes. They're so warm, hearty, and satisfying. The trick is cutting the onion and bell pepper smaller than the potatoes because that turns them into tender little flavor bites as they roast.
It's an awesome dish for big breakfasts and brunches because it's crowd pleasing and easy to make. Plus you can just toss it in the oven to roast basically hassle-free!
Ingredients for Roasted Breakfast Potatoes
For this recipe you will need:
- Potatoes (I use red or gold)
- Green bell pepper
- Smoked paprika (or other seasonings)
- Olive oil (optional - see notes below for oil-free version)
If you're making this recipe around the winter holidays, try a colorful combo of red and green bell peppers to make it even more fun and festive!
They're delicious served alongside a Tofu Scramble. It's one of my favorite breakfast combinations and super satisfying and hearty!
Roasted Homestyle Breakfast Potatoes
- 2 1/2 lbs. potatoes (I like red or gold)
- 1 onion
- 1 large green bell pepper
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil (*optional)
- 1/2 tsp. smoked paprika (or other herbs/seasonings)
- Salt to taste
- Preheat oven to 425°F (218°C).
- Rinse potatoes, then pat dry with a towel. (This helps for crispier potatoes.)
- Dice potatoes into about 3/4″ cubes. Dice onion and bell pepper into smaller pieces, about 1/2″.
- Place them all on large rimmed baking pan and drizzle with a small amount of olive oil (*optional).
- Add salt and smoked paprika or other desired herbs. (I also like garlic powder and dried basil.) Toss to thoroughly combine.
- Roast for about 45-50 minutes or until potatoes are desired tenderness, stirring halfway through.
Nutrition Per Serving (Estimate)
If you're enjoying these roasted homestyle breakfast potatoes, also check out:
Come join The Garden Grazer on Instagram and then share a photo if you make or adapt this! (Also please leave a review and star rating below if you give it a try. Your feedback is greatly appreciated - thank you!)