This easy homemade Vegan Chex Mix recipe is made with savory flavors of onion, garlic, and smoked paprika. Great for snacks, parties, holidays, and beyond!
Vegan Chex Mix is a tasty snack for watching games, holiday parties, road trips, and more.
This flavorful version is made with bold flavors of onion, garlic, and smoked paprika. It's crunchy, savory, and so delicious!
Plus it comes together with only about 5 minutes of preparation.
This blend can also be made gluten free. Simply use gluten free pretzels and tamari.
How to Make Vegan Chex Mix
Important note: It was kindly brought to my attention that General Mill's Chex cereals in the U.S. contain D3 which is typically derived from lanolin (sheep's wool). Therefore it's not 100% vegan (as of this writing).
So if you are in the U.S. be sure to look for an alternative, vegan-friendly chex-like cereal for this recipe.
Looking for more? Check out these amazing, savory Tamari Roasted Nuts!
For more inspiration, browse all vegan side dish recipes.
Savory Vegan Chex Mix
- 3 cups corn chex cereal
- 3 cups rice chex cereal
- 1 1/2 cup pretzels (GF if desired)
- 1 1/2 cup mixed nuts
- 6 Tbsp. vegan butter (I like Miyoko's brand)
- 1 Tbsp. tamari (or soy sauce)
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 3/4 tsp. smoked paprika
- 1/4 tsp. salt (more/less to taste)
- Preheat oven to 250°F (121°C).
- In a very large mixing bowl, add chex, pretzels, and nuts.
- Melt the butter in a microwave-safe bowl. When melted, add tamari, paprika, onion powder, garlic powder, and salt. Stir. (Feel free to test the salt level by dipping one of the chex.)
- Immediately after stirring the butter mixture, pour it over the chex mix.
- Gently stir for 1-2 minutes to thoroughly combine.
- Place on a baking pan, and spread evenly.
- Bake for about 1 hour (or more if desired), stirring every 15 minutes.
- Let cool and store in an airtight container.
Nutrition Per Serving (Estimate)
Sodium: This is omitted as I cannot provide an accurate number. I encourage you to calculate your own to provide a much more precise reading based on the exact ingredients, brands, and amounts you're using.
If you are enjoying this Vegan Chex Mix recipe, also feel free to check out:
- Lentil Salad with Capers and Balsamic-Dijon Dressing
- Couscous Stuffed Peppers
- Red Lentil Sweet Potato Stew