This vegan Spinach Artichoke Quesadilla recipe is a quick and satisfying meal! It's a tasty combination that is simple to prepare, plus customizable if desired.
These Spinach Artichoke Quesadillas are a somewhat non-traditional twist on quesadillas. But they are so tasty and satisfying!
Vegan mozzarella pairs wonderfully with the spinach and artichoke.
I have also made a variation with roasted red peppers and Kalamata olives which is delicious as well!
Ingredients for Artichoke Quesadilla
For this recipe you will heat on a non-stick pan or skillet over medium heat:
- Fresh baby spinach: This will wilt as it heats on the stove.
- Artichoke hearts: I use canned or jarred.
- Green onions (scallions): Or substitute thinly sliced yellow onion or red onion for a stronger onion flavor.
- Vegan mozzarella cheese: I like Miyoko's brand. (You can also include a layer of hummus or vegan cream cheese if desired.)
- Vegan feta: "Violife" and "Follow Your Heart" both make tasty vegan crumbled feta. But feel free to omit this if you can't find it.
- Large flour tortillas: I try to find whole grain tortillas when possible.
Spices + seasoning: Add more flavor as you see fit. Try garlic powder, pesto, ground cumin, basil, etc.
Make it "meaty": Add your favorite vegan chicken strips. Simply cook these separately according to package instructions, then add to the quesadilla when layering your ingredients.
Cheese: Change up the taste with your own favorite dairy-free cheese mixture. Try vegan parmesan cheese, Monterey jack, cheddar, etc.
Enjoy as is, or serve with fresh guacamole, Pico de Gallo, or your own favorite salsa.
Vegan Spinach Artichoke Quesadilla
- 1 cup fresh baby spinach (more/less as desired)
- 14 oz. can artichoke hearts
- 3-4 green onions
- 1 cup vegan mozzarella (I use Miyoko's brand)
- 1/2 cup crumbled vegan feta (optional)
- 4 large tortillas (gluten-free if desired)
- Optional additions: hummus, roasted red pepper, olives, basil, oregano, etc.
- Roughly chop spinach and artichoke hearts (excess liquid removed). Thinly slice green onions.
- Sprinkle about 1/8 cup mozzarella shreds (and about 1/8 cup feta if using) on one half of a tortilla. (Use more/less cheese as desired.)
- Add some artichokes, green onion, and spinach. Top with another light layer of mozzarella (or hummus). Then fold over the top half of the tortilla.
- On a grill pan or skillet over medium heat, carefully place quesadilla. Heat for a few minutes on each side or until cheese is melted. Repeat process for all quesadillas.
Nutrition Per Serving (Estimate)
If you are enjoying this Vegan Spinach Artichoke Quesadilla recipe, also check out: