This easy vegan Nut and Seed Granola is loaded with walnuts, chia, flax, hemp, and sunflower seeds! A healthy fiber-filled breakfast with protein.
This nut and seed granola is a healthy make-ahead breakfast or lunch. We find it's also great as an energy-packed snack or after-workout meal.
Plus it is quick and simple to make. The nut and seed combination provides a good source of protein, omega-3 fatty acids, fiber, and other nutrients.
We also really enjoy this oil-free Easy Peanut Butter Granola as well if you are looking for another granola option.
Ingredients for Seed Granola
For this recipe you will toss together then bake in the oven:
- Old-fashioned rolled oats: Use gluten-free rolled oats if needed.
- Walnuts: I use raw, unsalted.
- Sunflower seeds
- Hemp seeds: These are also called hemp hearts.
- Chia seeds
- Ground flax seeds (flax meal)
- Pure maple syrup: This works great as a natural sweetener.
- Coconut oil
- Vegan butter: Or simply omit and substitute with more oil.
- Pure vanilla extract
- Dried cherries: Or other dried fruit, coconut flakes, chocolate chips, etc. for stirring in after baking.
For more inspiration, browse all vegan breakfast recipes.
Nut and Seed Granola
- 2 1/2 cups old-fashioned rolled oats (gluten-free if desired)
- 1 cup walnuts, finely chopped (I use raw, unsalted)
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/4 cup hemp seeds
- 1/8 cup chia seeds
- 1/8 cup ground flax seeds
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/2 cup coconut oil (or vegetable oil, etc.)
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. vegan butter (or substitute with more oil)
- 1 1/2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup dried cherries (or other dried fruit)
- Preheat oven to 325°F (162°C).
- In a small saucepan over low heat, add maple syrup, oil, and butter. Heat until butter is melted, stirring occasionally. Turn off heat and stir in vanilla extract.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, add oats, walnuts, hemp, chia, sunflower, and flax. (Note: the dried fruit is added after baking.)
- Add liquid mixture from pan to the oat mixture and toss until thoroughly combined. Salt to taste if desired.
- On a large rimmed baking sheet, place parchment paper. Spread granola evenly on the pan.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, stirring about every 10 minutes, until granola is golden brown.
- After granola cools, add dried cherries (or other fruit/additions of choice).
- We store in a sealed container at room temperature for a few weeks.
Nutrition Per Serving (Estimate)
If you are enjoying this vegan nut and seed granola, also feel free to check out: