This quick and easy "super seed" granola is loaded with chia, flax, hemp, and sunflower seeds! A healthy fiber-filled breakfast with protein.
This seed granola is a great, healthy, "fast food" for breakfast, lunch, or an energy-packed snack.
Plus it is quick and simple to make. The seed combination provides a good source of protein, omega-3's, fiber, and other nutrients.
We also really enjoy this oil-free Easy Peanut Butter Granola as well if you are looking for another granola option.
Ingredients for Seed Granola
For this recipe you will need:
- Old-fashioned rolled oats
- Walnuts: I use raw, unsalted.
- Sunflower seeds
- Hemp seeds
- Chia seeds
- Ground flax seeds (flax meal)
- Pure maple syrup
- Coconut oil
- Vegan butter: Or simply substitute with more oil.
- Pure vanilla extract
- Dried cherries: Or other dried fruit, coconut flakes, chocolate chips, etc. for stirring in after baking.
For more inspiration, browse all vegan breakfast recipes.
Super Seed Granola
- 2 1/2 cups old-fashioned rolled oats (gluten-free if desired)
- 1 cup walnuts, finely chopped (I use raw, unsalted)
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/4 cup hemp seeds
- 1/8 cup chia seeds
- 1/8 cup ground flax seeds
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/2 cup coconut oil (or vegetable oil, etc.)
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. vegan butter (or substitute with more oil)
- 1 1/2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup dried cherries (or other dried fruit)
- Preheat oven to 325°F (162°C).
- In a small saucepan over low heat, add maple syrup, oil, and butter. Heat until butter is melted, stirring occasionally. Add vanilla extract.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, add oats, walnuts, hemp, chia, sunflower, and flax. (Note: dried fruit is added after baking.)
- Add liquid from pan to the oat mixture and toss until thoroughly combined. Salt to taste if desired.
- On a large rimmed baking sheet, place parchment paper. Spread granola evenly on the pan.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, stirring about every 10 minutes, until granola is golden brown.
- After granola cools, add dried cherries (or other fruit/additions of choice).
- We find it stores in a sealed container at room temp for about a month.
Nutrition Per Serving (Estimate)
If you are enjoying this super seed granola, also feel free to check out:
Please leave a review and rating if you make or adapt this recipe. Your feedback is always very appreciated. Thank you!
Follow The Garden Grazer on Instagram, Pinterest, or RSS for more updates and inspiration.