Take a trip to paradise with this Creamy Tropical Matcha Smoothie! Bright, tropical flavors combine with the power of matcha to bring you a drink that is both energizing and calming. (Vegan, gluten free.)
Want to take a trip to paradise?
Blend up this tropical matcha smoothie and you might feel like you're mentally sailing away in no time.
Bright, tropical flavors combine with the power of matcha green tea to create a creamy drink that is energizing, calming, and so delicious. (Be aware that matcha does contain caffeine however!)
Ingredients for Tropical Matcha Smoothie
For this recipe you will blend in a blender:
- Ripe banana: The more brown spots, the sweeter it will be. Use either fresh or frozen. Frozen banana works great to help create a creamier texture as well.
- Mango: Either fresh or frozen works great.
- Pineapple: Fresh, frozen, or canned pineapple.
- Organic matcha powder: Be sure to use a good quality powder that is bright green in color. (Either ceremonial grade, latte grade, or even a culinary grade will work for this recipe.)
- Orange juice: You can either use store-bought or freshly squeezed.
- Almond milk: Or other dairy-free milk such as soy milk, cashew milk, etc. Coconut milk is also a great choice for added "tropical" flavor.
New to matcha? Learn more about the health benefits on my Matcha Guide!
Also feel free to check out a few more of our matcha favorites:
Creamy Tropical Matcha Smoothie
- 1 ripe banana (fresh or frozen)
- 1 cup mango (fresh or frozen)
- 1/2 cup pineapple (fresh, frozen, or canned)
- 1 tsp. organic matcha powder
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup almond milk (or coconut milk or other plant-based milk)
- Optional: agave/dates for sweetness
- Place all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Taste and adjust if necessary. I often add agave for extra sweetness if needed.
Nutrition Per Serving (Estimate)
If you are enjoying this easy vegan matcha smoothie, also check out: