This vegan creamy garlic pasta filled with veggies is a comforting 30-minute meal. It is easy to make with healthy ingredients (no butter or cream) but tastes so rich and savory. (Vegan, gluten-free, oil-free, nut-free option.)
This vegan creamy pasta is perfect for a quick weeknight meal when you are in the mood for something warm and comforting.
Plus the assembly only takes 30 minutes!
It tastes so rich and savory, but is made with healthy ingredients (and no butter or cream).
The simple white sauce is made right in the blender and has a light, slightly cheesy flavor.
For this recipe you will need:
- Pasta of choice: I like gluten-free fusilli made with brown rice & quinoa.
- Fresh broccoli florets
- Mushrooms: I use cremini, but pick your own favorite or a blend.
- Red bell pepper
- Plant milk: Be sure to use plain and unsweetened.
- Nutritional yeast: This gives the sauce a rich, cheesy flavor.
- All-purpose flour: I use Bob's Red Mill gluten-free flour.
- Onion powder
- Garlic powder
- Dijon mustard
- White miso
It is also customizable with your own favorite vegetables and pasta of choice.
Serve it with a side salad, whole grain bread, or your favorite vegan sausage.
For more inspiration, browse all vegan main dish recipes.
Vegan Creamy Pasta with Garlic & Vegetables
- 8 oz. pasta (fusilli, penne, spaghetti, etc.)
- 3 cups broccoli florets (1 small/medium head)
- 6 oz. mushrooms (I use cremini)
- 1 red bell pepper
- 3-4 cloves garlic
For the creamy white sauce:
- 2 1/2 cups plant milk* (plain & unsweetened)
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour (I use gluten-free)
- 2 tsp. onion powder
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 Tbsp. white miso
- Cook pasta according to package instructions, leaving al dente (slightly firm, not mushy). Drain when finished.
- Meanwhile, prepare vegetables: cut broccoli into small florets, slice mushrooms, and chop bell pepper. Mince garlic.
- In a large pan over medium-high heat, sauté mushrooms and bell pepper for 3-4 minutes. (I use 3 Tbsp. water/broth for no-oil sauté method, adding more as needed.)
- Add broccoli florets and sauté for 6-7 minutes or until broccoli is crisp-tender.
- Meanwhile, make the sauce: in a blender, add all sauce ingredients and blend to combine.
- Add minced garlic to the pan, stir, and sauté for 2 minutes.
- Reduce heat and add sauce. Lightly simmer for about 3 minutes, stirring often, or until sauce thickens. Turn off heat.
- Add pasta and toss to combine. Salt/pepper to taste before serving and garnish with fresh herbs if desired.
Nutrition Per Serving (Estimate)
If you are enjoying this vegan creamy garlic & vegetable pasta, also check out: