These easy vegan White Bean Zucchini Enchiladas are filled with fresh garden vegetables like spinach, tomato, and sweet corn, then topped with delicious salsa verde! (Vegan with gluten-free & oil-free options.)
These White Bean Zucchini Enchiladas are filled with fresh, tasty garden vegetables.
Hearty white beans combine with sweet corn, tomato, zucchini, spinach, and roasted bell peppers.
Then it is all wrapped up in your favorite tortillas and topped with salsa verde.
It is also a great meal to enjoy in the summertime when garden vegetables are in peak season.
Ingredients for White Bean Enchiladas
For this recipe you will need:
- Yellow onion
- Fire-roasted red bell pepper
- Sweet corn
- White beans: I use cannellini, but you can also use Great Northern.
- Fresh baby spinach
- Ground cumin
- Garlic powder
- Tortillas: Gluten-free if desired.
- Salsa verde (tomatillo salsa)
Adapt these enchiladas as desired with your own favorite vegetable combinations or what's available in your area.
I find them to be a great change of pace from our Black Bean Spinach Enchiladas (another favorite recipe).
White Bean Zucchini Enchiladas
- 1 small yellow onion
- 2 medium zucchini
- 2 large tomatoes
- 2 fire-roasted red bell peppers (or 1 fresh bell pepper)
- 1 cup sweet corn, cooked (frozen, canned, fire-roasted, etc.)
- 15 oz. can white beans (I use cannellini)
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach
- 2 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 8 large tortillas*
- 16 oz. salsa verde/tomatillo salsa (I use mild)
- Optional: vegan shredded cheese, nutritional yeast
- Fresh cilantro, green onion, avocado, tomato, corn, etc.
- Preheat oven to 350°F (176°C).
- Dice onion, zucchini, tomatoes (excess juice removed), and roasted bell peppers.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, sauté onion for 5-6 minutes. (I use 3 Tbsp. water/broth for no-oil sauté method, adding more liquid as needed.)
- Add cumin and garlic powder. Sauté 1 minute.
- Add zucchini, tomato, pepper, and corn. Stir and sauté 6 minutes, or until zucchini is tender.
- Rinse and drain white beans. Add to skillet.
- Roughly chop spinach and add to skillet. Stir and cook for 2 minutes. Salt/pepper mixture to taste if desired. Turn off stove.
- Distribute the bean mixture evenly down the center of each tortilla. Top with a sprinkle of vegan shredded cheese or nutritional yeast (optional). Then roll up tightly, tucking in both ends.
- Place enchiladas seam side down in a 9×13" pan. Evenly coat the top with salsa verde.
- Place in oven and bake for 25 minutes.
Nutrition Per Serving (Estimate)
If you are enjoying these enchiladas, also check out:
- Fire-Roasted Tomato & White Bean Soup
- Vegan Burrito Bowl with Creamy Chipotle Sauce
- White Bean Salad (10 Minute)