Easy Teriyaki Sauce
Homemade Teriyaki Sauce with garlic and ginger! Sticky, sweet, savory, and only takes about 10-15 minutes to whip up!
Prep Time5 minutes
Cook Time10 minutes
Total Time15 minutes
- 1/4 cup tamari (or soy sauce)
- 2 1/2 Tbsp. brown sugar (or 3 Tbsp. maple syrup)
- 1/3 cup vegetable broth or water
- 2 tsp. rice vinegar
- 1-2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 2 tsp. ginger, freshly grated (I peel my ginger)
- 1 Tbsp. corn starch (or arrowroot or other thickener)
- Optional: sesame seeds
Place all ingredients in a bowl and whisk well to combine.
Add to a small saucepan over medium-high heat.
Heat until sauce is lightly simmering, whisking frequently until thickened.
Use immediately, or cool and store in a sealed container in the fridge for about 1 week.
Recipe yields about 3/4 cup after thickening.
Stir-fry option: whisk all sauce ingredients in a bowl, then pour right into your skillet towards the end of cooking your stir-fry. Stir well to combine and let heat for a few minutes, stirring often, until thickened.
Made gluten-free with tamari.
Calories: 81kcal | Carbohydrates: 18g | Protein: 2g | Potassium: 71mg | Sugar: 12g | Vitamin C: 0.3mg | Calcium: 14mg | Iron: 0.5mg