Southwestern Chopped Salad with Cilantro Dressing
We're wild for this Southwestern Chopped Salad tossed in the most delicious, creamy avocado cilantro-lime dressing! Beautiful colors, flavors, and textures galore!
Prep Time25 minutes
Total Time25 minutes
Servings: 4 main dish
- 1 large head romaine
- 15 oz. can black beans (rinsed and drained)
- 1 large orange bell pepper
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- 2 cups corn (I used frozen, thawed)
- 5 green onions
- Optional: avocado for topping
For the Cilantro-Lime dressing
- 1 cup loosely packed cilantro (stems removed and roughly chopped)
- 1/2 avocado (or 1/2 cup plain vegan yogurt)
- 2 Tbsp. fresh lime juice (about 1/2 lime, more to taste)
- 1-2 garlic cloves
- 1/4 cup olive oil (for oil-free, sub a little water to thin)
- 1 1/2 tsp. white wine vinegar
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- Recommended: agave/honey, cumin to taste
Make the dressing: puree all ingredients in a food processor/blender until smooth. Taste and adjust seasonings if necessary.
Finely chop romaine, bell pepper, tomatoes, and green onions.
Place all ingredients in a large bowl and stir to combine.
Toss with desired amount of dressing.
Calories: 370kcal | Carbohydrates: 44g | Protein: 11g | Fat: 18g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Potassium: 1017mg | Fiber: 12g | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 2780IU | Vitamin C: 81.2mg | Calcium: 67mg | Iron: 3.9mg