Loaded Greek Salad with Tangy Vinaigrette
Healthy Vegan Greek Salad loaded with bold flavors and an easy homemade tangy vinaigrette dressing!
Servings: 3 large bowls
- 1 large head romaine (or 2 small)
- 1 hothouse cucumber
- 1 1/2 cups grape tomatoes
- 1/2 small red onion
- 15 oz. can garbanzo beans
- 1 cup cooked beets (I use organic Love Beets brand)
- 1 cup artichokes
- 2/3 cup kalamata olives
- Other additions: clover/alfalfa sprouts, bell peppers, roasted red peppers, dairy-free feta, fresh herbs
For the oil-free Tangy Greek Vinaigrette
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2-3 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp. water (or broth)
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 1/8 tsp. salt
Make the dressing: mince garlic and add all ingredients to a small bowl. Whisk to combine.
Roughly chop romaine. Slice cucumber, beets, onion. Halve/quarter artichokes (and olives and tomatoes if desired).
Distribute romaine on desired number of serving plates. Add toppings (have fun with presentation!)
Stir dressing and spoon over the top – it’s strong so start small. (Or add your own favorite dressing!)
Recipe yields 3-4 large salads or about 6-8 as a side.
Calories: 287kcal | Carbohydrates: 48g | Protein: 11g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Potassium: 894mg | Fiber: 14g | Sugar: 15g | Vitamin A: 1745IU | Vitamin C: 27mg | Calcium: 146mg | Iron: 4mg