Super easy restaurant salsa! Made right at home in the blender, this simple salsa tastes like the ones you find at a Mexican restaurant.
Servings: 8 side servings
- 15 oz. can diced tomatoes
- 15 oz. can diced tomatoes with green chiles*
- 2-3 cloves garlic (chopped)
- 1/2 small onion (chopped)
- 1/3 cup fresh cilantro (stems removed)
- 1 tsp. agave (or sweetener of choice)
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. cumin
- Juice from 1/2 lime (or more to taste)
Put all ingredients in a food processor or good blender and pulse to combine. (Blend longer to achieve a smoother consistency, or shorter for chunkier salsa.)
Taste and adjust seasonings if necessary. Can serve right away, or refrigerate for an hour first to let flavors enhance and blend even more.
Enjoy it with chips, over burritos, tacos, etc.
*If you can't find canned diced tomatoes with added green chiles, simply use regular diced tomatoes plus a small can of green chiles. (If using fire-roasted tomatoes with green chiles, it will be a bit spicy.)
Recipe adapted from Mountain Mama Cooks
Calories: 25kcal | Carbohydrates: 6g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Potassium: 210mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 169IU | Vitamin C: 11mg | Calcium: 37mg | Iron: 1mg