Creamy Garden Herb Dressing
Ultra-creamy, tangy, herb-filled dressing with avocado! FRESH & lovely with a variety of summer salads.
Servings: 3 (1/3 cup servings)
- 1 small avocado (or 1/2 large avocado)
- 1/3 cup fresh parsley (thick stems removed)
- 1/3 cup fresh basil (stems removed)
- 3 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice (about 1 1/2 lemons)
- 1-2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 tsp. white wine vinegar
- 1 tsp. agave (or other sweetener)
- 1/8 tsp. salt (more/less to taste)
- 3 Tbsp. water to thin (more as need for desired consistency)
Puree all ingredients in a small food processor or blender until smooth (scraping down sides with spatula as needed.)
Add more water if needed, a little at a time, until it reaches your desired consistency. Taste and adjust seasonings as needed. (More salt, lemon juice, sweetener, etc.)
Recipe yields about 3/4 cup dressing.
Feel free to substitute dairy-free yogurt (plain & unsweetened) or silken tofu in place of the avocado to achieve the creamy base.
Try it as a flavor-packed veggie dip too - simply leave the consistency a bit thicker with less water.
Calories: 122kcal | Carbohydrates: 9g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Potassium: 382mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 800IU | Vitamin C: 24mg | Calcium: 26mg | Iron: 1mg