Creamy Garden Herb Dressing
A creamy, oil-free garden dressing with fresh herbs and avocado! Full of flavor and lovely on a variety of salads.
Servings3 (1/3 cup servings)
- 1 small avocado (or 1/2 large avocado)
- 1/3 cup fresh parsley (thick stems removed)
- 1/3 cup fresh basil (stems removed)
- 3 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice (about 1 lemon, or more to taste)
- 1-2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 tsp. white wine vinegar
- 1 tsp. agave (or other sweetener)
- 1/8 tsp. salt (more/less to taste)
- 3 Tbsp. water to thin (more as need for desired consistency)
Puree all ingredients in a small food processor or blender until smooth. (Scrape down sides with spatula as needed.)
Add more water if needed, a little at a time, until it reaches your desired consistency. Taste and adjust seasonings as needed. (More salt, lemon juice, sweetener, etc.)
Avocado: Feel free to substitute with dairy-free yogurt (plain & unsweetened) or silken tofu for the creamy base.
To make it a veggie dip: Add less water for a thicker consistency.
Recipe yields about 3/4 cup dressing.
Calories: 127 kcal | Carbohydrates: 10 g | Protein: 2 g | Fat: 10 g | Saturated Fat: 1 g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1 g | Monounsaturated Fat: 7 g | Potassium: 395 mg | Fiber: 5 g | Sugar: 3 g | Vitamin A: 803 IU | Vitamin C: 24 mg | Calcium: 28 mg | Iron: 1 mg