Teriyaki Broccoli and Carrots
A quick and easy Teriyaki Broccoli recipe that's deliciously flavorful. Simple to assemble, and a great side dish served plain or with cooked rice or quinoa.
- 7-8 cups broccoli florets (about 2 large bunches)
- 3 medium carrots (about 1-1.5 cups sliced)
For the teriyaki sauce:
- 1/4 cup tamari (or soy sauce)
- 3 Tbsp. pure maple syrup (or brown sugar)
- 1/3 cup vegetable broth or water
- 2 tsp. rice vinegar (I use unseasoned)
- 1-2 cloves garlic
- 2 tsp. ginger, freshly grated
- 1 Tbsp. cornstarch (or arrowroot or other thickener)
Optional (for serving):
- Cooked rice or quinoa, sesame seeds for garnish
Make the teriyaki sauce: Combine all sauce ingredients in a small bowl and whisk to combine. Set aside.
Cut broccoli into bite-sized florets. Slice carrots on a diagonal.
In a large pan over medium-high heat, add broccoli, carrots, and 1/3 cup water. Cover and let steam/sauté for about 6-7 minutes or until veggies are crisp-tender. (Stir occasionally and add a splash more liquid if needed.)
Then re-stir teriyaki sauce and add to pan.* Stir to combine. Heat for about 2-3 minutes or until sauce has slightly thickened.
Serve with cooked rice/quinoa and garnish with sesame seeds if desired.
*Sauce: This recipe is fairly heavy on the sauce, so slightly reduce if desired.
For gluten-free, use tamari.
Calories: 125 kcal | Carbohydrates: 26 g | Protein: 7 g | Fat: 1 g | Saturated Fat: 1 g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1 g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1 g | Potassium: 710 mg | Fiber: 6 g | Sugar: 11 g | Vitamin A: 8635 IU | Vitamin C: 145 mg | Calcium: 106 mg | Iron: 2 mg