Ultimate Greek Chopped Salad
A crisp, refreshing Greek-inspired salad with garbanzo beans. Then tossed in a tangy vinegar-oregano dressing!
Servings6 medium bowls
- 1 large cucumber (I use hothouse/English)
- 4-5 ripe roma tomatoes (or grape tomatoes)
- 1 large red bell pepper
- 1/2 small red onion
- 15 oz. can garbanzo beans (rinsed and drained)
- Optional: olives, vegan feta, pepperoncini, fresh herbs
For the vinegar dressing:
- 3 Tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 2 tsp. dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp. salt (more/less to taste)
Make the dressing: in a small bowl, combine all ingredients and whisk to combine. Set aside.
Dice the cucumber, onion, bell pepper and tomatoes (removing any excess liquid from tomatoes).
Put vegetables and garbanzo beans in a large bowl.
Add dressing and toss to combine.
Can eat immediately or refrigerate for at least an hour to let flavors combine. Some dressing will settle on the bottom, so stir before serving.
Calories: 93 kcal | Carbohydrates: 16 g | Protein: 5 g | Fat: 2 g | Saturated Fat: 1 g | Potassium: 349 mg | Fiber: 5 g | Sugar: 3 g | Vitamin A: 1056 IU | Vitamin C: 33 mg | Calcium: 65 mg | Iron: 2 mg