Southwestern Chopped Salad with Cilantro-Lime Dressing
We're wild for this Southwestern Chopped Salad tossed in the most delicious, creamy avocado cilantro-lime dressing! Beautiful colors, flavors, and textures galore!
Servings: 4 medium bowls
- 1 large head romaine
- 15 oz. can black beans
- 1 orange bell pepper
- 10 oz. cherry/grape tomatoes
- 2 cups cooked sweet corn (I use organic frozen corn and thaw it)
- 5 green onions
For the Creamy Cilantro-Lime Dressing:
- 1 cup loosely packed cilantro (stems removed and roughly chopped)
- 1/2 avocado (or 1/2 cup plain vegan yogurt)
- 2 Tbsp. fresh lime juice (about 1/2 lime, more to taste)
- 1-2 garlic cloves
- 1/4 cup olive oil (for oil-free, sub a little water to thin)
- 1 1/2 tsp. white wine vinegar
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- Recommended: agave & cumin to taste
Make the dressing: blend all dressing ingredients in a food processor/blender until smooth. Taste and adjust seasonings if necessary. (I love the addition of a little cumin, and agave to sweeten!)
Chop romaine, bell pepper, tomatoes, and green onions. Rinse and drain black beans.
Place all salad ingredients in a large bowl.
Toss with desired amount of dressing.
Calories: 362kcal | Carbohydrates: 43g | Protein: 11g | Fat: 19g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Potassium: 927mg | Fiber: 13g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 2790IU | Vitamin C: 64mg | Calcium: 61mg | Iron: 3mg