Chunky Monkey Protein Smoothie
A luxurious, chocolate smoothie with 20 grams of plant protein... with no protein powder! Great for breakfast, mid-day boost, or post-workout.
- 1 cup soy milk
- 1 very ripe banana (frozen if possible)
- 2 Tbsp. peanut butter (creamy, natural)
- 2 Tbsp. cacao powder (or cocoa powder)
- 1 Tbsp. pure maple syrup (or dates or other sweetener)
- Optional: 1 tsp. vanilla extract, 1/8 tsp. almond extract, 1 tsp. maca powder, ice cubes
Peanut butter: Substitute with other nut butters if desired. (Though this may affect the protein amount.)
Soy milk: I use plain, unsweetened soy milk. Feel free to decrease or omit the maple syrup if using sweetened milk.
Added flavor: Vanilla and almond extract adds great flavor. Just be sure to only use a tiny bit of almond extract as it can quickly overpower. I use just a couple drops or about 1/8 tsp.
Smoothie bowl: Make this a smoothie bowl served with granola, sliced banana, coconut flakes, coco whip, or your own favorite toppings.
Calories: 476 kcal | Carbohydrates: 61 g | Protein: 20 g | Fat: 23 g | Saturated Fat: 5 g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 7 g | Monounsaturated Fat: 9 g | Potassium: 1160 mg | Fiber: 9 g | Sugar: 36 g | Vitamin A: 1003 IU | Vitamin C: 27 mg | Calcium: 385 mg | Iron: 3 mg