Black Bean Tacos with Avocado Cilantro-Lime Sauce
An easy 15-minute black bean taco recipe with creamy cilantro-lime sauce. So satisfying and great for lunch or dinner!
Servings8 small tacos
- 30 oz. canned black beans (two 15 oz. cans)
- 1 cup salsa (I use homemade blender salsa)
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 tsp. chili powder* (I use mild)
- 8 small corn tortillas
Toppings of choice:
- Lettuce, tomato, onion, corn, avocado, cilantro, vegan cheese, etc.
For the creamy avocado sauce:
- 1/2 large ripe avocado (or 1 small)
- 3/4 cup fresh cilantro (large stems removed)
- 2 Tbsp. lime juice (about 1 lime)
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil (or water for oil-free)
- 1 tsp. agave (or other sweetener)
- 1/8 tsp. salt
Make the avocado sauce: In a food processor or blender, add all sauce ingredients and blend. Add a touch of water to thin if necessary, and adjust seasonings as desired. Set aside, or refrigerate if making ahead of time.
In a pan over medium heat, add black beans (rinsed and drained), salsa, cumin, and chili powder. Heat for about 5 minutes stirring occasionally, until heated through. (Optional: slightly mash beans after heating for a creamier filling.)
While the beans are heating, chop and prepare your toppings. Warm the tortillas if desired.
Assemble the tacos: Spoon the black bean mixture in the center of the tortillas, spoon a small amount of avocado sauce over the top, and add your toppings.
*Spices + seasoning: You can also omit the cumin and chili powder and use 2 tsp. taco seasoning instead.
Calories: 206 kcal | Carbohydrates: 34 g | Protein: 9 g | Fat: 5 g | Saturated Fat: 1 g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1 g | Monounsaturated Fat: 3 g | Potassium: 552 mg | Fiber: 11 g | Sugar: 3 g | Vitamin A: 360 IU | Vitamin C: 6 mg | Calcium: 75 mg | Iron: 3 mg