Black Bean Tacos with Avocado Cilantro-Lime Sauce
Satisfying black bean tacos with a homemade creamy avocado cilantro-lime sauce. Quick and easy!
Servings8 small tacos
- 30 oz. canned black beans (two 15 oz. cans)
- 1 cup salsa (I use homemade blender salsa)
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 8 small corn tortillas
Toppings of choice:
- Lettuce, tomato, onion, corn, avocado, cilantro, vegan cheese, etc.
For the creamy avocado sauce:
- 1/2 ripe avocado
- 3/4 cup cilantro (large stems removed)
- 2 Tbsp. lime juice (about 1 lime)
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil (or water for oil-free)
- 1 tsp. agave (or other sweetener)
- 1/8 tsp. salt
Make the avocado sauce: in a food processor or blender, add all sauce ingredients and blend. Add a touch of water to thin if necessary, and tweak seasonings as desired. Set aside, or refrigerate if making ahead of time.
In a pan over medium heat, add black beans (rinsed and drained), salsa, cumin, and chili powder. Heat for about 5 minutes stirring occasionally, until heated through. (Optional: slightly mash beans after heating for a creamier filling.)
While the beans are heating, chop and prepare your toppings. Warm the tortillas if desired.
Assemble the tacos: spoon the black bean mixture in the center of the tortillas, spoon a small amount of avocado sauce over the top, and add your toppings.
Calories: 209 kcalCarbohydrates: 35 gProtein: 9 gFat: 5 gSaturated Fat: 1 gPotassium: 569 mgFiber: 11 gSugar: 2 gVitamin A: 466 IUVitamin C: 8 mgCalcium: 80 mgIron: 3 mg