A simple cucumber salad with tomatoes, onion, and tangy vinegar dressing. So crisp and refreshing!
Servings8 (1 cup servings)
- 2 large English cucumbers (or seedless garden cucumbers)
- 1/2 small onion (red or white)
- 3 roma tomatoes (or grape/cherry tomatoes)
For the vinegar dressing:
- 3 Tbsp. white wine vinegar (or red wine vinegar, apple cider vinegar)
- 1/2 Tbsp. olive oil (optional, omit for oil-free)
- 1 tsp. dried oregano (and/or fresh herbs*)
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- Optional: 1 tablespoon fresh dill
Make the dressing: Add all dressing ingredients to a small bowl and whisk to combine.
Thinly slice cucumbers (peeled if desired) and thinly slice onion. Dice tomatoes, removing excess juice. Place in a large mixing bowl.
Pour dressing over salad. Toss to combine. Adjust flavors as desired (more vinegar, salt, herbs).
Enjoy immediately or refrigerate in a sealed container for an hour to let flavors further combine.
*Herbs: Fresh herbs like dill, parsley, or basil work very well in addition to the dried oregano. I highly recommend adding fresh dill if you have it.
Make it sweet: Add agave, sugar, or other sweetener to the dressing.
Make it spicy: Add about 1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper (more/less) or crushed red pepper flakes.
Garlic variation: Add 1 clove minced garlic to dressing. Or lightly sauté first to help mellow raw garlic.
Yield: Recipe makes about 8 cups salad.
Calories: 28 kcal | Carbohydrates: 4 g | Protein: 1 g | Fat: 1 g | Saturated Fat: 1 g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1 g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1 g | Potassium: 181 mg | Fiber: 1 g | Sugar: 2 g | Vitamin A: 277 IU | Vitamin C: 6 mg | Calcium: 20 mg | Iron: 1 mg