Mediterranean Three Bean Salad
Refreshing, protein-packed Three Bean Salad with a bright lemony dressing & fresh herbs. Great for meal prep and take-along lunches!
Servings6 medium bowls
- 15 oz. can red kidney beans
- 15 oz. can garbanzo beans
- 15 oz. can black beans
- 3 roma tomatoes (or grape/cherry)
- 1/2 small red onion (or green onions)
- 1 cucumber
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley (or less to taste)
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro (or less to taste)
For the lemon-garlic dressing:
- 3 Tbsp. lemon juice (about 1 lemon)
- 1-2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil (omit for oil-free)
- Salt to taste
Rinse and drain beans. Add to a large mixing bowl.
Dice tomato and cucumber. Finely dice red onion. Roughly chop herbs, large stems removed. Add to bowl.
In a small bowl, add dressing ingredients and stir to combine.
Pour dressing over salad and toss well.
Add more lemon juice, vinegar, or salt to taste if desired.
Can serve immediately, but best after it chills in the fridge. (Simply re-stir before serving as some dressing will settle.)
Storing: Store in an airtight container in the fridge for 4-5 days.
Herbs: If you don't care for cilantro, use 1 cup parsley (or vice versa). This has a lot of herbs, so decrease if desired.
Other additions: Add avocado, bell pepper, kale, etc.
Calories: 229 kcal | Carbohydrates: 37 g | Protein: 13 g | Fat: 4 g | Saturated Fat: 1 g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1 g | Monounsaturated Fat: 2 g | Potassium: 722 mg | Fiber: 13 g | Sugar: 4 g | Vitamin A: 823 IU | Vitamin C: 26 mg | Calcium: 96 mg | Iron: 4 mg