Mediterranean Three Bean Salad
Refreshing, protein-packed Three Bean Salad with a bright lemony dressing & fresh herbs. Great for meal prep and take-along lunches!
Servings6 medium bowls
- 15 oz. can red kidney beans
- 15 oz. can garbanzo beans
- 15 oz. can black beans
- 3 roma tomatoes (or grape/cherry)
- 1/2 small red onion (or green onions)
- 1 cucumber
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley (or less to taste)
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro (or less to taste)
For the Lemony Dressing:
- Juice from 1 lemon (about 3 Tbsp. or more to taste)
- 1-2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 Tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil (omit for oil-free)
- Salt to taste
Rinse and drain beans. Add to a large mixing bowl.
Dice tomato and cucumber. Finely dice red onion. Roughly chop herbs, large stems removed. Add to bowl.
In a small bowl, add dressing ingredients and stir to combine.
Pour dressing over salad and toss well.
Add more lemon juice, vinegar, or salt to taste if desired.
Can serve immediately, but best after it chills in the fridge. (Simply re-stir before serving as some dressing will settle.)
Keeps covered in the fridge for several days. Re-stir before serving.
For a milder onion taste, substitute green onions for the red.
If you’re not a fan of cilantro, use 1 cup parsley (or vice versa). This has a lot of herbs, so decrease if you’d prefer.
Put your own spin on it – add avocado, bell pepper, kale, etc.
Calories: 230 kcal | Carbohydrates: 37 g | Protein: 13 g | Fat: 5 g | Saturated Fat: 1 g | Potassium: 719 mg | Fiber: 13 g | Sugar: 4 g | Vitamin A: 816 IU | Vitamin C: 26 mg | Calcium: 94 mg | Iron: 4 mg