Southwest Black Bean Salad with Citrus Dressing
A colorful black bean salad with a fresh orange-lime dressing. It's a great make-ahead lunch, side salad, or chip dip!
Servings6 (3/4 cup servings)
- 15 oz. can black beans
- 1 orange bell pepper
- 1/3 cup red onion, finely diced
- 2/3 cup fresh cilantro (large stems removed)
- 6 oz. grape/cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup sweet corn (I use canned or frozen)
- Optional: avocado for serving
For the citrus dressing:
- 1/4 cup fresh-squeezed orange juice (about 1 large orange)
- 2 Tbsp. lime juice (about 1 lime)
- 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp. agave (or other sweetener)
- 1/4 tsp. salt (more/less to taste)
Make the dressing: In a small bowl, whisk together all dressing ingredients. Set aside.
Finely dice bell pepper, red onion, and tomatoes. Roughly chop cilantro, large stems removed. Place in a large bowl.
Add black beans (rinsed and drained) and sweet corn (thawed if frozen) to bowl.
Pour dressing over top and toss to combine.
Best if chilled 1 hour (or longer) before serving.
Stir well before serving, as some dressing will settle at the bottom. Top with diced avocado right before serving if desired.
Yield: Recipe makes about 4 1/2 cups salad.
Make it spicy: Add chili powder or cayenne pepper to taste if desired.
Calories: 112 kcal | Carbohydrates: 22 g | Protein: 6 g | Fat: 1 g | Saturated Fat: 1 g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1 g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1 g | Potassium: 423 mg | Fiber: 7 g | Sugar: 4 g | Vitamin A: 972 IU | Vitamin C: 42 mg | Calcium: 39 mg | Iron: 2 mg