Kale Greek Salad with Marinated Chickpeas
A fresh & healthy Greek-inspired salad with tangy marinated chickpeas! Great for packed lunches and make-ahead meals.
Servings4 large bowls (or 8 as a side dish)
- 15 oz. can chickpeas
- 1 small bunch kale (I use curly)
- 1 English cucumber (hothouse)
- 6 oz. cherry/grape tomatoes
- 1/2 small red onion
- 1 red bell pepper (or 1-2 roasted bell peppers from a jar)
- Optional: kalamata olives, pepperoncini, artichoke hearts, vegan feta, fresh herbs
For the lemon-vinegar dressing:
- 3 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice (about 1 lemon)
- 2 1/2 Tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 1 1/2 tsp. dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder (or 1 fresh garlic clove, minced)
- 1/4 tsp. salt (more/less as desired)
In a medium bowl, add all dressing ingredients. Whisk to combine.
Rinse and drain chickpeas. Add to bowl with dressing. Toss well to thoroughly coat. Set aside to marinate while you prepare the salad.
Tear or chop kale into small pieces* (large stems removed). Add to a large bowl and lightly massage to tenderize.
Dice cucumber and bell pepper. Thinly slice onion. Halve/quarter grape tomatoes. Add to bowl with kale.
Add marinated chickpeas on top with any remaining dressing. Lightly toss to combine.
Serve immediately or refrigerate to let flavors develop even further. (Be sure to stir again before serving as some dressing will settle at the bottom.)
Other additions: Kalamata olives, artichokes, pepperoncini, or vegan feta cheese.
*Chopped salad: This salad is great "chopped" style and scooped up with a spoon. Simply chop your kale + veggies into smaller pieces.
Calories: 142 kcal | Carbohydrates: 25 g | Protein: 7 g | Fat: 3 g | Saturated Fat: 1 g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1 g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1 g | Potassium: 550 mg | Fiber: 7 g | Sugar: 5 g | Vitamin A: 2819 IU | Vitamin C: 70 mg | Calcium: 96 mg | Iron: 2 mg