Rainbow Chopped Salad with Creamy Avocado Dressing
A vibrant salad filled with beautiful colors & plant-based nutrients. Then tossed in a creamy avocado basil dressing!
Servings6 side servings
- 1 large head romaine
- 2 cups red cabbage (about 1/2 small head)
- 8 oz. cherry/grape tomatoes
- 1 cucumber
- 1-2 medium carrots
- 1 yellow bell pepper
For the creamy avocado dressing:
- 1 avocado (peeled and pitted)
- 3 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice (about 1 lemon)
- 2/3 cup lightly packed fresh basil
- 1-2 cloves garlic
- 2 Tbsp. white wine vinegar (or apple cider vinegar)
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil (omit for oil-free)
- 1 tsp. agave (or sweetener or choice)
- 3 Tbsp. water (to thin)
- 1/8 tsp. salt
Make the dressing: Place all ingredients in a blender or food processor and blend until smooth. (Add more/less water as needed to thin to desired texture.) Adjust flavors if necessary or add more salt to taste. Place in fridge to let flavors combine while you make the salad.
Chop romaine and all salad vegetables and place in a large bowl.
Pour dressing over top and toss well to combine. (Or store dressing & salad separately to better keep it fresh and crisp.)
Other additions: Garbanzo beans, sweet corn, sprouts, fresh herbs, sugar snap peas, etc.
Calories: 137 kcal | Carbohydrates: 12 g | Protein: 2 g | Fat: 10 g | Saturated Fat: 1 g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1 g | Monounsaturated Fat: 7 g | Potassium: 500 mg | Fiber: 4 g | Sugar: 5 g | Vitamin A: 3018 IU | Vitamin C: 69 mg | Calcium: 43 mg | Iron: 1 mg