Vegan French Bread Pizza
A quick and easy French bread pizza that everyone can customize with their own favorite sauces & toppings.
- 1 French bread loaf (I use ciabatta or baguette)
- 1-2 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 2/3 cup pizza sauce (or marinara, BBQ, pesto, etc.)
- 2/3 cup vegan mozzarella shreds (I use Miyoko's)
- 1/2 tsp. Italian seasoning (optional)
Toppings of choice (optional):
- Tomato, mushroom, onion, bell pepper, spinach, olives, etc.
Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
Cut bread in half, lengthwise. Place slices face up on a baking sheet and lightly brush with olive oil.
Bake for 8 minutes to crisp up the bread.
Remove from oven. Carefully spread desired amount of sauce evenly over each half of bread. Then top with cheese, a sprinkle of Italian seasonings (or other herbs of choice), and any additional toppings if desired.
Return to oven for about 10-15 minutes. Then turn on the broiler for the last minute or two. (Watch carefully if placing under the broiler as it can burn quickly!)
Calories: 541 kcal | Carbohydrates: 77 g | Protein: 13 g | Fat: 20 g | Saturated Fat: 5 g | Potassium: 414 mg | Fiber: 6 g | Sugar: 5 g | Vitamin A: 362 IU | Vitamin C: 6 mg | Calcium: 143 mg | Iron: 5 mg