Creamy Cilantro-Lime Dressing
Creamy, delicious Cilantro-Lime Dressing with avocado! An amazing pairing with Southwestern-style salads! (Vegan, gluten-free, oil-free option)
- 1 cup loosely packed cilantro (stems removed and roughly chopped)
- 1/2 avocado (or 1/2 cup plain dairy-free yogurt)
- 2 Tbsp. fresh lime juice (about 1 lime, more to taste)
- 1-2 garlic cloves
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil (can omit or replace with water as needed)
- 1 1/2 tsp. white wine vinegar
- 1/8 tsp. salt
Optional but recommended:
- Agave to sweeten, cumin to taste
Recipe yields about 3/4 cup dressing.
To add heat, try cayenne pepper or jalapeno.
For a different flavor combo, add cumin, more garlic, or more lime juice.
If you prefer to tone down the tartness, add a little agave to sweeten and balance it out.
Calories: 142kcal | Carbohydrates: 3g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 15g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Potassium: 143mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 307IU | Vitamin C: 6mg | Calcium: 6mg | Iron: 1mg